PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

question about a cat that died?

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

Re: question about a cat that died?

Postby Juska » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:41 am

I was a groomer for many years. Bathing a healthy dog or cat every week is unnecessary.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: question about a cat that died?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Well you first said to bath once or twice a week then said vets say to bath once a week. So I took that to mean a minimum of once a week since you had been suggesting more, rather than a maximum, as it seemed like an attempt to verify the twice a week statement. I think you can see how I made that logical conclusion?

Glad you found out twice a week is too much after all.

I know some breeds may need a bath more than others for various reason. Chihuahuas are normally single coated and many tend to groom themselves like a cat so not much need for most to be bathed.

The original suggestion was for fleas and not wanting to use a topical chemical. You could possibly spray them with a herbal flea spray a couple times a week instead but be careful of essential oils with cats.

The topical Revolution is actually a very good option though, very gentle on the system, but is only available by vet RX still. It also prevents heartworm and many other cooties.

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”