PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

lump on anna my coonhound?

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: lump on anna my coonhound?

Postby pat » Tue May 16, 2017 2:26 pm

DeweysMom wrote:
geez, you'd think I was use to all this by now.

That's something you never get used to.
so true.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue May 16, 2017 2:28 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:I'm sorry. Unfortunately never really know what to expect with cancer. I think a lot of what happens depends on where it spreads too.
Thank you Mary. I don't know how fast it spreads. there is a lump on her back leg also icon-sad vet said it is the cancer.
I guess it don't sound too good if it spread that far :shrug: :cry:

the predisone seemed to help her breathing.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Glad you can still male her comfortable.
Ana

Postby Ana » Tue May 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Oh, Pat. :(
I'm so sorry.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue May 16, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm sorry, Pat. :( You've just put a rough year behind you, and now this. I'm glad she has the right medicine now. That will make her feel better.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon May 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Anna is having a breathing problem. it sounds like she is snoring, but, she is awake. seems worse when she is walking around.
she is still eating OK, and goes outside a little. but, the breathing saddens me so much. I am not sure if the vet can suggest anything else.
I doubt it, but, will call and ask.

thank you everyone for your support.

DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon May 22, 2017 2:18 pm

That doesn't sound good. It sounds like the cancer is growing very quickly and is really starting to affect her airway. Doubtful the vet will be able to do much, but please do let us know how you made out. Love that pup a TON in the days you have left with her, Pat.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Kagney

Postby Kagney » Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Pat.
You've had more than your fair share in the past year. Hang in there.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Thank you Dana and Kagney.

does anyone know if there is anything at all that will help her breathing? I called the vets and am waiting for a return call.
I doubt there is anything, but, It don't hurt to ask.

she is walking OK, but, her breathing is worse when she walks. when she is laying down, the breathing is not as bad.
also, when she is laying down, hours will go by with normal breathing.

This is so hard to watch her like this. it just breaks my heart. I feel so helpless. :cry:
I don't think it it is time to have her put down. she has a little life in her yet.
However, I don't want her to suffer either.

Ana

Postby Ana » Mon May 22, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm completely ignorant regarding this. Could a bronchial dilate help, like pseudo ephedrin? If it's the lump in way, blocking the air, perhaps not. They can't shrink it through any means? :(

I'm so sorry, Pat. It's good you got a little break, hope the swap was pleasant, and it didn't rain on your head the entire time.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 pm

what is a bronchial dilate ?
harvey will be in the office tomorrow. (he is the one that examined Anna) I doubt there is anything, but, I will ask anyway.

I enjoyed staying in berlin ohio, and enjoyed the swap meet. I only stayed for a few hours.
I had the opportunity to meet minerversden.

Ana

Postby Ana » Mon May 22, 2017 9:00 pm

A bronchial dialator is like for asthma, or bronchitis, hay fever. It opens up the bronchial tubes a
bit to allow more air to pass through. Tamandua will know better if there's any way to get benefits from that in this situation. :(

I'm hopefully going to see minervasden this weekend, she got a baby rat I'm eager to meet. Also need to get Senora out to yours for the document transfer. I'm taking all four to the vet for shots in about two weeks. Gonna be absolute bedlam. O.O
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon May 22, 2017 9:55 pm

There's a small chance Bronchial Dilators could help some since it can reduce inflammation in the trachea as well. It wont help open it up any more but if the tumor is causing swelling then it could help for awhile. If the tumor is just taking up too much of the airway and no swelling then it wont do anything.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:00 am

sorry for delay in replying.

the vet gave anna 2 months to live on her own. however, at this stage. ( a month later) she has no life quality left icon-sad
I think she is in pain. but, dogs don';t always let us know vocally.

at this point, I don't think I can let her go on like this. as hard as it will be for me to make this decision, I think it is best to let her go.
she is not eating and has not ate for quite a while. she is on prednisone . it can only do so much. it has been awhile since she ate.
she was going outside once in awhile, but, she won't even do that anymore.

please tell me I am doing the right thing. I think I am. I don't know what type of pain she is in.

I had an appointment for tomorrow, but, cancelled it last week, since then she just got worse.

it is so hard to lose our any of our babies, but, it is even harder to put their fate in our hands. :cry:

I am going to call the vet and have him come over tomorrow, that is when he planned to before I cancelled.

Ana

Postby Ana » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:51 pm

If her fate was in your hands, she'd be healthy. This awful thing is coming, all you can do is try to mitigate the amount of suffering. Towards that end, as she isn't enjoying her days, I think it would be the right thing to stop the pain. Nature is cruel, things drag on. It's good to have the ability to intervene. Again, I'm so sorry, the hits just keep coming. :(

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”