please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

lucy keeps scratching

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: hecate, minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

lucy keeps scratching

Postby pat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:28 am

she don't have fleas. I checked. the vet did too when he was here to put Anna down.

I have no idea what is causing this. however, I gave her Braveto before she started this scratching.
I am now wondering if it is from the braveto. Has anyone else ever had issues with these 3 month pills?
otherwise I am at a loss. I put coconut oil on her, seems to help for awhile. but, what the heck is causing it.
I had a dog awhile ago that had grass a allergy, but, he never scratched like Lucy does. his belly was always red.

as soon as I feel better,(I had surgery 3 weeks ago, and can't do much as far as it goes for lifting, pushing, pulling anything over 5lbs) I will take her to the vets. I guess I could call the vet for a house call, but not sure what he could do to test for the reason.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Vata Raven

Re: lucy keeps scratching

Postby Vata Raven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Could dry skin be a cause for scratching a lot?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Could be she's allergic to some filler in the pills or could be coincidence and some allergy that popped up in the air around the same time. Allergy normally will cause itching. Non-itchy redness is more likely skin infection.

Where is she itching?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:43 pm

thanks mary, not sure why. I thought of an allergy, but, she never had allergies before.

I try to put coconut oil on her. seems to sooth her itching, but, I would have to remember to do it everyday.

it did seem to happen after I gave her braveto. never again will I use it on any of my animals.
in fact, have two I didn't use yet for my raccoons, I think I will return them. I will be going to the vets tomorrow for meds for my donkeys.
so I will bring that along and complain. 47.00 for one pill.

when I feel better, I will bring lucy to the vets, let them figure it out. of course they will never admit it was from the bravecto.
maybe it affects some animals more than others :shrug:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”