Dog Food Recalls: viewforum.php?f=67

Flea Infestation!

Health, Medical or behavior problems with all animals.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Alynn

Re: Flea Infestation!

Postby Alynn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:39 am

Whatsername wrote:Alynn you won't be in trouble. That doesn't even make sense if anything the company would be in trouble for not warning you but you are just an innocent by stander so don't worry :)

Thanks.

I sent them an email and they responded back assuring me that I do not need a prescription. So I've calmed down quite a bit, I was literally freaking out at one point, lol.
... But, just to be safe I'm going to call our vet tomorrow and see if I can a prescription from now on, lol.

Now that's figured out, I'm pretty excited to get this stuff. It's a flea-tick-hookworm-roundworm-ear mites-treatment and heartworm-preventative all rolled into one amazing little bundle. It's a shame that it isn't more widely available, but my brother reasoned that more widely available products tend to have the fleas develop an immunity, perhaps that is why.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 am

Forgot your earlier question, yes fleas can cause tapeworms if ingested.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:13 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:Forgot your earlier question, yes fleas can cause tapeworms if ingested.

Ick, not good. Especially since my dog Samantha is bad at chewing on not only herself but also Jack.
We've had to keep them separated because Samantha is licking him and chewing on him. We gave them both topical treatments and I don't want her to get sick.

Return to “HEALTH/MEDICAL/BEHAVIOR”