Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Can we

Questions/Suggestions/Comments

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Trefoil

Can we

Postby Trefoil » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I have noticed several of our new members have had experience with orphan squirrels, chipmunks.ect. and offered help if needed. Last year my daughter rescued a squirrel and was desperately searching for help. Is there anyway we could "post it" at the head of every topic a list of members knowledgeable about caring for orphans? Not to exclude anyone, but to give people someone to go to in case of emergency?
Juska

Re: Can we

Postby Juska » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Perhaps, like the state regulations and vet listing tabs, we could have specific members listed to contact about certain things. With their permission of course.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Ana

Postby Ana » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:31 pm

We need this - orphan numbers seem to get higher every year. A sticky list of contacts that are species based would be good? I'm not sure the best way to implement such a thing.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:14 pm

how about it's own forum "ophan animals" or whatever everyone thinks?
I can put it within the "information" section?

also, will set it up so non-members cannot see it?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Is there a reason to set it up so non members can't see it? It seems like they would be most in need of help. The reason I suggested a sticky at the top of the subject was because I thought that if one was searching on information on for example squirrels. they would naturally go to the squirrels topic.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Trefoil wrote:Is there a reason to set it up so non members can't see it? It seems like they would be most in need of help. The reason I suggested a sticky at the top of the subject was because I thought that if one was searching on information on for example squirrels. they would naturally go to the squirrels topic.

Because it's not legal to keep the orphans in almost every state and people asking care info are obviously keeping then and not looking for a rehab. If you have one to hand over you are advised not to give them anything and just make the transfer ASAP and so don't need care info.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Its not illegal to give information for pet owners and if someone unable to find a rescue uses it. Oh well.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:52 pm

I'm on the fence regarding how I feel about this.

Cons: How many times have we seen people coming here, asking for advice, we give it, and we never hear from them again. I don't know about anyone else, but it really aggravates me when I take the time (which I have so very little of already!) to offer suggestions in extensive detail, and then that person apparently never logs on here again.
Also, how many times have we all given advice, and the 'newbie' decides that it doesn't suit their idea of how it should be done and they totally blow off what advice was given.

Pros: It definitely could save some lives.

I dunno. Not sure where I come down on this... :shrug:
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “MESSAGE BOARD ISSUES”