https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

ENDLESS Screaming

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Havoc&Stark

ENDLESS Screaming

Postby Havoc&Stark » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Hey guys,

My two little monsters are so loud! Correction, HAVOC is so loud. He is a silver fox and his "brother" is a lavender champagne. Havoc is a VERY big boy, weighing almost 20 pounds and no he isn't overweight!!! His brother, is only 14 pounds. But Havoc is by far the more submissive. They live indoors for the most part, with levels to climb and endless toys and enrichment. They have an outdoor enclosure which they play in daily but due to children in the neighborhood I don't dare keep them outside full time. Reccently, Havoc has started screaming, and I mean SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. I keep going to their enclosure thinking that he is dying but he is just sitting there screaming at his brother. There is no fighting they just sit there facing each other Stark gecking and Havoc screaming. Then they see me and come running to the gate. As soon as I leave they start at it again. :wall: And I know it's stark being a punk and havoc being a baby. They have a small "den" where Stark will block the doorway so havoc can't get in, and the screaming begins. Or Stark will get on the blanket that Havoc has claimed as his own and so starts the screaming. I love them both both to death but geeze boys :roll: Any ideas or should I just learn to love the song of foxes?
Proud mommy to 1 Fox, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Aussie, 2 Leopard Gecko, 1 White's Tree Frog, 1 Pygmy Goat, 1 F1 Savannah Cat
Alynn

Re: ENDLESS Screaming

Postby Alynn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Lavender champagne is not a coloration I've heard of. it's more likely that he's a Champagne, fawn glow, or "lavender" tends to be a name that ranchers use to describe either pastel/burgundy foxes or colicott/fawn glow foxes.

Mating season is starting. Males start producing extra testosterone (even if they are neutered) in November - January to prepare for the breeding season. November/December they spend courting and December-February is when they mate. So I would expect some screaming for awhile, it'd be my guess that they're doing mating calls, or they are becoming more aggressive because of the testosterone production/breeding competition. They'll also need a lot more taurine during this time because they're bulking for the winter.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Could I see pictures of your cuties? They both sound adorable. :) I'd like to see pictures of the "lavender champagne" and hopefully we can let you know which color it truly is.

The screaming is normal. As Alynn said, mating season is just around the corner, so the foxes are going to get even more and more vocal.

My male is the silent type, lol. He hardly ever makes noise unless it's soft noises. Rarely ever hear him be loud. But my little female is so darn loud! She will NOT stop screaming and fussing. They are truly polar opposites.

Ifrit (the girl) screams for no reason! Well, to her there's always a reason, but I just have to roll my eyes at her.

You'll have to learn to live with it, lol. ;)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 pm

How much more taurine do you give? Mine is not especially vocal Unless he is proud of himself for "stealing" a bone from me, and then we runs around screaming his pride(:
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
Havoc&Stark

Postby Havoc&Stark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:12 pm

Okay, I will make a photo bucket and post the url soon. Stark is incredible. They are getting plenty of taurine and all that fun stuff, this isn't my first rodeo with foxes haha. But he looks like a champagne but not. He is a VERY light grey with singular white hairs and the contrast makes him appear well lavender. He has crystal blue eyes with a hint of pink and a light purple nose. I'll post pictures when I have some time.
Proud mommy to 1 Fox, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Aussie, 2 Leopard Gecko, 1 White's Tree Frog, 1 Pygmy Goat, 1 F1 Savannah Cat
Havoc&Stark

Postby Havoc&Stark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:16 pm

Ash,
You probably know the breeder who we bough him from. Amanda, in price ut. She produced a male champagne and stark this year. She called us (as we spoke with her about our previous champagne) and offered us one of her males and we just couldn't pass it up! Amanda said she hadn't ever produced something like him and called him a lavender. When we picked him she was very reluctant to give him up knowing how special he is. We have kept him in tact for that reason.
Havoc&Stark

Postby Havoc&Stark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Here are the best I could get of Stark, he's a wiggly one haha. A few of Havoc are thrown in there too. Look forward to your feedback

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jakki ... t=3&page=1
Daisy

Postby Daisy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:22 am

That is definitely a Lavender . Amanda got Her breeding stock from me .

Dave

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”