PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Unidentified vocalization?

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

CrazyLykaFox

Unidentified vocalization?

Postby CrazyLykaFox » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm sure this is a common noise but I can't really find any information on it. My kit Lyka (unsure of age) will make a warbling/barking noise. She makes it at different times (when she first sees me, while roaming our garage, before she pounces on my hand, while taking treats from me, and while carrying toys around) so it's hard for me to decipher the meaning. It changes pitch sometimes, but so far it's the only noise she's made other than a couple whines. I've not heard her scream or anything else. Just curious if a more experienced owner has some insight.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unidentified vocalization?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:39 pm

That sounds like the contact call they use to get attention and/or attract a mate. Funny the girls seem to be doing this even with attention and while playing but that's the noise.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:29 pm

I agree with TG, if it's the sound I think it is. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

They will make the same sound for multiple reasons. So it's up to us to determine, based on context, what that sound means.

For example, flattened ears is a sign of happiness, anger, or discomfort. All three very different things. But reading the rest of the fox will be able to tell you what it means.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
CrazyLykaFox

Postby CrazyLykaFox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:20 am

Awesome! Thanks guys! She's a little hoot. As she adjusts to me, she's making it less and less often. So I must be giving her what she wants!

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”