PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Never heard her bark before

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Aeroz

Never heard her bark before

Postby Aeroz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:06 pm

So my mom and grandma came into the house with some stuff from a garage sale. Then my little Natasha went nuts. She, well she barked. Not like the usual yip when she's on alert it reminded me more of a dogs bark. Thing is she turned more aggressive after that. I mean well after, like she was being barky like that to anyone that came inside. As well as suddenly not pooping in her litter box (unsure if its related)

I just don't know what set her off like that
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Never heard her bark before

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:44 pm

How long since the incident? Like it's been days and she's still acting aggressive? If not that long, like the same day, she was just still upset from the scare. A motorcycle ran by once when Walking Pua and she went nuts. I managed to get her into her carry bag and back to the car then let her out thinking by then she'd be calm. She started tearing at the door. She calmed down once we were home though.

Maybe next time you could try distracting her with something she likes to stop her worrying about what set her off earlier.

Edit: as to what set her off as you said their carrying stuff in. If in bags the sound of the bags can be scary. Also carrying things changes the profile so can make them look like something else than human to an animal. An old dog I had once got scared of me when I had taken my coat off on a walk. She had cataracts though but I changed my profile by taking my coat off so she could no longer see it was me from her distance. I had to put my coat back on for her to come to me.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:37 pm

She got spooked and was doing her alarm bark. They get in a weird mood for a while--barking off and on, fearful look in their eyes, sometimes more aggressive, usually a lot more timid. And they will potty at this time too out of fear. You may even smell her release a terrible scent from her violet gland.

This happened to Fable once when there was a toy horse he suddenly spotted in the neighbor's yard, lol. It freaked him out. The weirdest things set them off sometimes.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Aeroz

Postby Aeroz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:20 pm

She seems to have calmed down. I guess she was just spooked. Nice to know its not too unusual and just another foxy hang up

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”