ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Playful maybe? Training harness, and introduction to friends kit?

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

H20 Sl

Playful maybe? Training harness, and introduction to friends kit?

Postby H20 Sl » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm sorry with the spam in questions from before, this is just a nice source to get info on. There's not a lot of sites with good pet fox tips. Also, I have read play biting on the my pet fox blog, I've tried them, little dude is persistent. Also, finally named him. Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazard. I needed some southern name for him sense he's from Tennessee. He fit Bo pretty spot on with the blonde hair and all. I know, I'm a dork.

Anyway, Bo keeps attacking me, playfully? He's not gekkering, growling, or anything that I've experienced verbally from him. He's whining when I get up from the floor and holds my leg, same with my hair, he just whines. I don't know what he's doing or saying. I'm not too good with understanding what he needs or wants, or what he's doing. He play bites me hard. He attacks my arms, legs, feet, hands. I play with stuffed animals instead of my hands, but he still goes for them. I have the stick toy that you play with cats, that might help. But I, again, can't understand his actions. I'm trying to figure it out. He also likes to climb ALL over me, jump on me, bite my thighs, calf. I'm getting the vibe that he's just being really playful, or stressed out. Or he's just a spaz, haha.

This also makes it hard to try and get a harness on him to train him. He thinks my hands and harness are a toy. I know he's not young anymore, and I made the mistake to wait so long. I honestly feel bad trying to put a harness on him. I'm the kind of parent who just wants to spend time with my kid instead of training or discipline. I know it's wrong, and I'm working on it. It's also hard saying NO to him, I feel that if I make a mistake with miscommunication, that he'll be confused. Like The grabbing my leg, I don't know what he wants me to do!

Other than that, he's been a good little guy, not a big chewer, digger at the moment. He loves being near me, ALL the time, when good and bad. He's turning out a very pretty fox. My mom said he looked like a possum before, I didn't see it. He looked like a lil old fox to me.

Oh yeah, someone I know is getting his fox kit Monday, A whitemark . I was wondering if there could be a positive interaction between the two. I'll give his some time to adjust, but I think that would be good for the both of them , and fun?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Playful maybe? Training harness, and introduction to friends kit?

Postby Ash » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 am

Foxy get-togethers sound a lot of fun. So I think it is a good idea as long as the foxes aren't stressed.

I personally feel like the biting thing is a kit thing and they get over the need to bite so much. That being said, it's still important to discourage the biting as much as you can by ignoring him when he does it.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”