PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

hay in enclosure, enclosure expirience, my fox expirience so far and a bit of a apology

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hay in enclosure, enclosure expirience, my fox expirience so far and a bit of a apology

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Yeah, that sounds great. As long as the bottom is completely covered, it will be wonderful. A fox would love to play in the sand, and probably lay down in it. Since sand gets warmer, they would love how it feels on their bodies. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
H20 Sl

Re: hay in enclosure, enclosure expirience, my fox expirience so far and a bit of a apology

Postby H20 Sl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:00 pm

So, I am in the process of building, but I still want Bo outside.. I moves it on the grass for now while I do the wood or stone, I might just get some panels lay them down and build a hAlf box in their for his saND,, anyways, he's digging on the sides of the enclosure and become very aggressive when doing so,, my dad came over and got bit trying to get him back out of "fox mode" as he likes to call it.. he's also pulling on the diamonds and pacing a bit, he has not bit me, but growls a bit like if I was to touch him while he was eating dog food (not aggressive with much).. could this just be him wanting to get out? I'm 100% watching him out here, and I'm not leaving him alone in the grass,, I put logs on the holes that he digs..
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:12 pm

He actually just bit me X'D,, it wasnt bad, he just came at me very aggresivley, I just got nicked
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Mm, he bit me again, but I stood up and he started to cry and coward and submiss.. he still goes near me.. should I not be taking him outside right now?? Maybe he sMell a female fox.. heS not neutered btw, I couldn't make the decision of doing it or not doing it.. he's visably stressed, I just can't figure out why.. he defiently knows I'm "alpha", finally, so he did not bite me hard, he was warning me, I should not have prodded him..
Juska

Postby Juska » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Your fox has the "October crazies" that just about all foxes get. The aggression is normal for the most part.

Don't use "alpha dog" techniques on your fox. Your fox is not a dog nor is it a wolf. The whole "alpha wolf" theory was debunked long ago by the people who did the study so it's not even a viable training technique for dogs.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:55 pm

THE OCTOBER CRAZIES

Info ^^^^^ There!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:34 pm

I"ll be honest, out of my 3 foxes, one female, two males, one male still intact. I never see any changes in them. :shrug:
maybe some change some don't.

their personality seems to remain the same all year.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Some don't but maany do to some degree or another. Diet can help. Make sure he gets lots of extra taurine now and as fall starts from now on.

He is also likely stressed from the change and that is compounding it. Just give him his space and finish up as quick as you can. Try and make any time you do spend with him positive but if he's not in the mood then just don't.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:47 pm

Agreed, I should have left him alone to be honest.. so i should nit be using "alpha"(alpha meaning to be the dominant one, i know wolf/dog rankings do not apply in the same way) techneics, as in, I shouldn't show dominace ???.. I'm not sure, but I did feel really bad when he got scared.. we made up a bit, I held him, scratched him a bit and gave treats.. then I just let him have his space in the grarage.. I'll be sure that he'll get some more meat, I think it's time to up proportion anyways, I give him 3 peices now,,,,, thank you for the info, I wasn't as prepared for october crazies as I thought I was...it just happened out of no where :\.. defiently going to speed up my handy work a bit now ^^',, then I can just let him have his space without me being to close for comfort and watching his everymove, just let him do his thing.. I'm just gonna work on it all tomarrow, this has to get done..
Juska

Postby Juska » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:55 pm

You need to be his friend, not his master.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”