PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

She keeps getting more violent

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Aeroz

Re: She keeps getting more violent

Postby Aeroz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:58 am

Well its not like she's violent constantly. Just a moment ago she was jumping up on my leg to get me to chase her around. I still sleep in the same room as her and she never bothers me (well violently, a few times she tries to play). If I approach her slow and low to the ground she won't attack. The best way I can describe it is she she gets like a bratty teenager, times she just wants to chase everyone out of what she views as "her room."

I'm not trying to downplay it either, just trying to be as accurate as possible in describing her behavior. There are times she is fine with people walking around the room, times she'll guard the entrance. She even screams at the dog who she easily likes the most out of the family. Though if she's out of the room I don't recall her ever being upset and rushing back to chase someone out unless she hit something tasty like some chicken
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:12 pm

How old is she?.. my fox, currently, got a bit more violent, and is in, "fox mode" more often.. I belive he has a bit of October crazies right now, he's not bad, but could that be it? And the being cooped up, so she's stressed? i know when Bo was inside the garage all the time, he was much more violent towards me, and visible more unhappy than inside the house and outside.. It's also breeding season is it not? I'm not positive, but aren't fox a bit more weird this time of year?..
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

H20 Sl wrote:How old is she?.. my fox, currently, got a bit more violent, and is in, "fox mode" more often.. I belive he has a bit of October crazies right now, he's not bad, but could that be it? And the being cooped up, so she's stressed? i know when Bo was inside the garage all the time, he was much more violent towards me, and visible more unhappy than inside the house and outside.. It's also breeding season is it not? I'm not positive, but aren't fox a bit more weird this time of year?..

Her fox is a about a year and a half old, one of last year's kits, and the problem has been going on at least a year when she first joined to talk about her having aggression issues.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Oooo,ok, i didn't know that,, Thanks for clarifying :)... I'm not expirienced enough for any other advise, hope everything works out for the better, good Luck!!!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Shelbykdl wrote:I honestly think that a new situation would be best. Not because I want her but because she's use to being that way with you and knows she can get away with it now. With me she'll be able to see how my foxes act with me and I promise I'll take the time with her to teach her what is exceptable. Also I live in Florida and am willing to come get her if that shows you how dedicated I am.

I too think a new home would be better. I am concerned if Areoz was to build an outside enclosure, the neighbor will complain, especially with the smell and possibly the noise. icon-sad also, who knows, maybe even poison the fox :shrug:

do you have foxes Shelbykdl? that will be a very long drive for you if Areoz will accept your offer.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Aeroz wrote:Well its not like she's violent constantly. Just a moment ago she was jumping up on my leg to get me to chase her around. I still sleep in the same room as her and she never bothers me (well violently, a few times she tries to play). If I approach her slow and low to the ground she won't attack. The best way I can describe it is she she gets like a bratty teenager, times she just wants to chase everyone out of what she views as "her room."

I'm not trying to downplay it either, just trying to be as accurate as possible in describing her behavior. There are times she is fine with people walking around the room, times she'll guard the entrance. She even screams at the dog who she easily likes the most out of the family. Though if she's out of the room I don't recall her ever being upset and rushing back to chase someone out unless she hit something tasty like some chicken

she should never be violent. being cooped up definitely brings the worse out in foxes icon-sad
question: how often would say she is violent? I really worry about her biting someone.
she really needs an outdoor enclosure. however, you can give her the best of both, let her outside, and inside at times.
it's all up to you, but, I personally don't think her living conditions are very good icon-sad she could get worse, or she could get better :shrug:
do you ever take her out for walks?

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Will an outside enclosure help at this point? Yes but I think it needs to be her home, so sleep there, and you say that wouldn't be safe. If she just goes out in it while supervised during the day then it would just be a place she visits to play and not her home/territory and she will keep thinking of your home as her territory.

It will take a lot of time and effort to fix her aggression issues but an enclosure is the first step on a long journey. It will need to be of good size minimum suggested is 10x10.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:48 pm

pat wrote:do you have foxes Shelbykdl? that will be a very long drive for you if Areoz will accept your offer.

She said she had two male red foxes, and I do believe she had been looking for a rescue fox to take care of.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 pm

I also vote for the fox going into Shelbykdl's care. Why? This fox is almost two years old and the owner still doesn't have an enclosure built.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Vata Raven wrote:I also vote for the fox going into Shelbykdl's care. Why? This fox is almost two years old and the owner still doesn't have an enclosure built.

sometimes, OK, too many times, I read too fast :red-face: lots of interruptions for me when I post :roll:
I too agree shelby would be a good source. was not sure how far she was willing to travel.

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:57 pm

pat wrote:sometimes, OK, too many times, I read too fast :red-face: lots of interruptions for me when I post :roll:
I too agree shelby would be a good source. was not sure how far she was willing to travel.

Its fine, happens with everyone.

We know Shelby is in FL, but unaware were the other party is located.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Ohio, she mentioned it in a past thread.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:33 am

Aeroz,

any updates on your fox?

Aeroz

Postby Aeroz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm sorry this took so long. I was working on a pen for her but things have come up. I will be looking at rehoming her now.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Aeroz wrote:I'm sorry this took so long. I was working on a pen for her but things have come up. I will be looking at rehoming her now.

I am sorry it came to re-homing your fox. :cry: sounds like it might be the best choice assuming your fox goes to a good home.
please make sure the new owner completely understands a fox's behavior, and the importance of having an enclosure.

keep us updated..

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”