PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Should/Can Grays and Reds together?

Topics include: Tricks, litter, toys, aggression, personality, walks, etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

IAmLincoln

Should/Can Grays and Reds together?

Postby IAmLincoln » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Im wondering if red foxes and grays could possibly live together. I have heard that reds are the most agressive and the opposite for grays.

Im thinking about how/ if it could be done, with a proper introduction to each other, and proper separate feeding and abode. just maybe it could be done.

Any tips, ideas, or warnings? i havent done anything yet and this is for years from now. If anyone rn has different fox species together id love know any info. Thx.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Should/Can Grays and Reds together?

Postby Ash » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:09 pm

I personally would not keep them together. A moderator here Elina said that her reds and arctics played so differently from one another that the interactions would not go well. While I'm sure you would most likely be able to have positive experiences with it, I think the risks are too great. That's me though. There are very few species that I recommend interact with each other. But I am a very cautious person.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Should/Can Grays and Reds together?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Saw someone with a red and a gray. He said the red harasses the gray. This was only supervised while they were inside not living together. The gray learned how to open a door to get upstairs to get away from the red but I believe they both have outside enclosures.

I agree though they should not live together. There's enough of a size difference as well as natural "language" difference it tends to cause problems and the smaller will likely be the looser in a serious way.

Return to “Training, Behavior & Enrichment”