Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

pictures of enclosure

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

pictures of enclosure

Postby pat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm

1st a big THANK YOU Mike (ana's Husband) he put all the logs up and built the box shown in pict 2 and 3
their enclosure needs cleaned, just couldn't get to it yet.(I have been sick)

the enclosure is bigger than it looks. there is a big shelve against the outside of the house.
plus a tower to climb up
Attachments
pen0118.jpg
pen0117.jpg
pen16.jpg
pen1.jpg
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: pictures of enclosure

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Wow, looks great, Pat! I'm sure the coons love it!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 pm

I like the logs. The anteaters would like that, if in warmer weather.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 pm

thanks everyone. my little darlings like it, that is all that matters :lol:

I have a bunch of tree's here, some fell. mike used those trees for the enclosure.
he did a wonderful job on that and the box.

maybe tomorrow, I will try and a picture of the long shelf against the house.
gary put that up awhile ago. they all like that shelf too.

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Maxy wrote:Oh, "Oriented strand board" or how I call it "Something that can't survive a coati in a long term"

sorry, don't know what you mean.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 pm

pat wrote:
Maxy wrote:Oh, "Oriented strand board" or how I call it "Something that can't survive a coati in a long term"

Maybe just commenting on how easily that type of board comes apart especially if it gets wet but if it holds up to your guys then it's fine. He's just saying his have destroyed it before.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:
pat wrote:

Maybe just commenting on how easily that type of board comes apart especially if it gets wet but if it holds up to your guys then it's fine. He's just saying his have destroyed it before.

don't know a whole lot about wood/board type. However, when using wood for raccoons/coatis, the wood should be more durable.
like plywood or cement board. I have cement board on their bunk beds. I painted it with gloss rustolem paint. makes clean up easier.
Ana recommended that, and it works great. cement board will hold up much better outdoors.

I am pretty sure it comes in more colors other than black. I am thinking of painting their room with this type of paint.
the walls get dirty, and is hard to clean.

DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 pm

I think he was referring to the wood used for the nest box. We call it 'pressboard' or 'flakeboard' and - unless it's painted or treated with wood preserver - goes to h*ll in short order when wet or even humidity permeates it. It'll do in a pinch, but for longterm use, definitely 1/4" or even 1/2" plywood is the best bet.

I love the log walkways!! Will have to show that to husband. Make that his next project for our outdoor enclosure!

Thanks for the pics, Pat, and thanks to Mike & Ana for the ideas!! Ana always comes up with such cool stuff.

Oh, how are your kids liking the pod hammock? Mine loved it initially, but it's been weeks since I've seen mine use it. Of course, right now, they aren't doing anything but eating and sleeping. Torpor is in full swing. I miss my bubs!!
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 pm

DeweysMom wrote:I think he was referring to the wood used for the nest box. We call it 'pressboard' or 'flakeboard' and - unless it's painted or treated with wood preserver - goes to h*ll in short order when wet or even humidity permeates it. It'll do in a pinch, but for longterm use, definitely 1/4" or even 1/2" plywood is the best bet.

I love the log walkways!! Will have to show that to husband. Make that his next project for our outdoor enclosure!

Thanks for the pics, Pat, and thanks to Mike & Ana for the ideas!! Ana always comes up with such cool stuff.

Oh, how are your kids liking the pod hammock? Mine loved it initially, but it's been weeks since I've seen mine use it. Of course, right now, they aren't doing anything but eating and sleeping. Torpor is in full swing. I miss my bubs!!

I think mike made the box out of plywood. ask Ana to be sure.
the wood Maxy is talking about, now I know what that is. I agree it don't hold up. cement board is the most durable, probably the cheapest.
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Backer-board-D ... 4294745067

when gary did the tower, he put I think he used pressboard on the floors, most of the floors are rotted away. they all need
to be replaced. (however, that was built 14 years ago) wish I would of thought of cement board when he built the tower. I would love to eliminate the tower, and just build a second floor,
or even half. All I need now is time, money and gary to replace it. will be lots of work. he would have to climb on the house roof to remove the old tower. :roll: oh, if I was only rich and famous :lol:

My foxes like the tower, there is a house at the top they go up there alot.
george will go to the 1st floor of the tower. I did see Carrie go all the way to the top a couple times.
guess, they almost have to climb the fence. not sure how the foxes get up there. However, foxes are more agile than raccoons are.

don't know if you remember seeing the cat walk Mike did for their raccoons. mine would love that.

on the pod, mine don't seem to use it much icon-sad however, I did notice yesterday someone was using it, cause the blanket was moved around.
could of been the foxes or george :shrug: Carrie and Jerry are pretty much parked in the room :roll:
I have to get the enclosure camera working. not sure why it is not working. the only thing is, at night, I can't see much on the TV I have the camera connected to.

back to the logs mike did,it didn't seem to take him real long to do it. Mike is one hell of a strong guy. he carried all those logs from quite a distance to get them to the enclosure.

I agree about Ana, her and mike are full of such great ideas. I told Ana she hit the jack pot with Mike. He loves doing woodworking.
he also cooks and bakes.

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Maxy,
I know what the OSB is. that is what gary used for the floors on the tower, and it rotted away.
I wish I would of thought of cement board back then. if I can get the floors replaced, painted cement board is what I will use.

I have a corragated roof over the entire enclosure. makes it nice when it rains or snows. keeps all the water and snow out.
the corragated works out good, cause the water drains off it. the roof was made of wood beams then the corragated panel went over it.

I have pictures of it, but, now I can't find them. (I have so many picture on my computer, can't remember where I have them :roll:

Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am

Nice enclosure!
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”