PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Poll - Just for us raccoon parents

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

DeweysMom

Poll - Just for us raccoon parents

Postby DeweysMom » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Back a few weeks ago, I was reading an article about right-handedness in mammals - mostly in humans and the greater apes - percentages running about 90% righthanded, 10% lefties. I got to thinking, I wonder how that would work out in the raccoon world? I already knew my boys preferred using their rights over their lefts, and the wildies in my woods tend more to righthandedness, too.

So, I'm wondering about others... Are your coonies righties, or lefties? :icon-wink:
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Trefoil

Re: Poll - Just for us raccoon parents

Postby Trefoil » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 pm

I would have said they are ambidextrous, but I'll watch and pay attention for a few days and see.
DeweysMom

Re: Poll - Just for us raccoon parents

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:10 am

LOL Yeah, I think they tend to be far more comfortable being ambidextrous than humans. :icon-wink: I've queried other raccoon parents, and so far, the results are leaning towards righties being more in the majority.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”