ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

4.5 month old blind pet raccoon pacing in circles

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

flufferluv

Re: 4.5 month old blind pet raccoon pacing in circles

Postby flufferluv » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Thx Trefoil. I was disappointed that they didn't test her urine when she was at the vet yesterday. They said that they couldn't get her to eliminate (possibly because she hadn't drank anything since she put herself to bed around 8pm the night before). However, the vet also said that the antibiotics she'll be on for the next 2 weeks will treat any infection if she does have one. The poor girl seems to just be leaking pee in small little puddles and lots of drips rather than deliberately peeing outside the litter box. Although she's also pooping outside the box and just beside it. I've put her in a litter box several times when she's looked like she had to go or just had an accident, and she seems quite unhappy and jumps out. My guess is that she's feeling reluctant to use the box as if it's the cause of the pain when she pees. When a cat of mine had a UTI years ago, that's how they reacted to the litter box as well. So, I do believe it's very likely an infection, and I'm hoping the antibiotics help her quickly. Goodness knows, I'm really hoping it's not a behavioural issue.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Dripping wouldn't be a behavioral deal. Hope the antibiotic works. You might try giving her dried cranberries as a treat as well.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 pm

What Trefoil said! My boys get about 1 TBS of Craisins twice/day. They love them, and no doubt are good for kidney/bladder health. Cranberries also pack both pre- and probiotics in them, are antioxidants, have minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber. The only drawback is sugar, but given all the pluses, I can live with that one minus. :icon-wink:
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
flufferluv

Postby flufferluv » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Thanks Trefoil & Dana. Yep - she took to the cranberries quite nicely. I also found a dog treat for UTIs on amazon that has loads of cranberry extract along with other good stuff. So those along with the post-surgery antibiotics, she was good as gold within 2-3 days, and she's back to being our little leak-free charmer.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Fabulous news! :piggy:
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Great
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:13 am

glad to your raccoon is better. that is great news. thank you for the update.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”