PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Keep busy treats

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Yatzee

Keep busy treats

Postby Yatzee » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:07 am

I give Whimzees. I get mine at PetSmart. The medium size one. 24 count.

It's basically a vegetarian chewy. It's good for the teeth too.

I give Yatzee one while he's being good chilling in his hammock. And, I keep two on my headboard shelf. He usually takes them under the bed and stays busy for a while.

The other day I found him chewing on hubby's crock and it gave me the idea to pick up a rubber KONG toy. He loves it! I got him a green circle one with a bunch of holes in it. It's soft enough to chew but hard enough he won't break pieces off. He likes squeaking his teeth on it.

If you guys have other suggestions please share!

I'm going to go to Lowe's and put together a busy board for him. I'm going to pick out a bunch of fun things he can paw and play with to keep his mind busy. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Keep busy treats

Postby pat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:54 am

some raccoons (at least mine do) get bored with the same toys. so I alternate them. I got my little darlings a busy board. it has all kinds of things on it, (latches and other stuff) they didn't seem to bother with it much. I even have toddler toys that a friend gave me. some they play with.
right now, they are pretty inactive due to the winter months.

however, Yatzee will probably like anything new you give him. let me know what you get and how he likes it.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:44 am

I didn't put a board together but, I did get 2 of those springy door stoppers you screw into the wall. He loves them.

I screwed them above his bowl(we call it the cereal bowl or muffin tins of because his blubber muffin tops over hahahaha)on his cat tree. He loves it. When it springs really hard, he covers his head with his paws. It keeps him busy for a bit.

He is so good at keeping himself busy. He'll wake up in the morning at around 4am and just sit in his hammock for hours being a lazy good boy. He reminds me of my son when he was little. Before I got him I pictured a rambunctious small dog always on the go. Totally the opposite. When he sleeps in the dresser drawer, he'll do the same thing. He wakes up at 5pm but doesn't emerge until almost 7. Maybe it's the weather but, we always keep the bedroom at 68, since he was a baby.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Mine love their golf ball, they carry it into the bathtub and it not only is loud, it climbs the back and returns to them.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”