https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Natural flea spray that WORKS

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Yatzee

Natural flea spray that WORKS

Postby Yatzee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:47 pm

I found Natural Care at walmart. It uses botanical oils.
It only cost me 10$ for the continuous spray, 14oz. I used it on my hard wood floors, bedding, on Yatzee and my cats. Even the prairie dog. I have better success with this than I have with the things I paid hundreds for at the vet.
The revolution made Yatzee act weird for a couple of days. This stuff smells really good and has no effect on him.
Highly recommend this product.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Natural flea spray that WORKS

Postby pat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:22 am

thank you for the info. I know it can be hard to find something that works.
I will see if I can find this product in any of my stores.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Walmart is the only place I've seen it, so far.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:32 pm

Yatzee wrote:Walmart is the only place I've seen it, so far.

I will look online at walmart. I hate going to Walmart store.. They will deliver.
I did see a couple fleas on Lucy today. I had some spot on. I hated to use it, but, I needed to get rid of the fleas.
I have a flea comb, now, I can't find it :roll: when I don't need, I always see it.

Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:37 pm

I run into the same issue. I just bought what is probably the 10th flea comb this year.
I sprinkled borax on all the carpets and let it sit for about 5 hours. Borax is great for drying fleas out and killing them.
I am amazed by that flea spray. I think you're going to like it, I hope you like it. I don't see an effect on my cats with topical or pill form flea meds but, I can see one with Yatzee and I don't like it.
I was a vet tech for 10 years, started in the late 90's. We didn't see all this cancer in pets back then like we do now. I can't help but to think these flea meds are causing it. But, I'm a conspiracy theorist so, what do I know. Lol
I saw an article about grain free dog food causing heart issues. But, it seems the study was done on golden retrievers. Something about not absorbing tarimin or something like that. I feed grain free to Yatzee, I wonder if it's important for him to absorb that stuff.
Raccoons are scavengers and night creatures, I only assume they have a high tolerance for dismal surroundings and aren't affected by things like that. He sure doesn't get any sun light like most animals should. I thought about hanging a reptile light for him but, i dont know.
I went to my doctor today. An older woman told me she used to have raccoons. 2 at two different times. They only lived to be 4 years old. Can't help but to think she may have not taken very good care of them. I can't imagine Yatzee will only live to be 4 with as much pampering as he gets.
Let me know how you like that flea spray. I use it on my hardwood floors where the cats hang out and surprisingly, they have no fleas!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:08 pm

I am glad you reminded me of the Borax. I heard about it before, you may of mentioned it, but, I forgot about it. :red-face:
I just get so darn busy everyday, too much for one person to do.

I did put the revolution spot on Lucy. She seems OK. I too hate using those types of flea control. My raccoons don't seem to have fleas,
which is a good thing. (maybe I shouldn't speak too soon :lol: )

Lucy is my Beagle dog. she is not doing good. she has auto immune disease and I think a tumor in her tummy.
I have a another vet appointment. geez, the prices some of these vets charge. (my moto: steal from the poor and give to the rich :lol: )

I don't have carpets, but, I will put some Borax on the floors I have.
what stores carry Borax?

A few years ago, a friend of mine, put a flea collar he bought at walmart. the cat died a few days later. icon-sad
I never buy anything for my pets at walmart.

thank you for reminding me about the borax.
Question: do you think the Borax would help if I put some outdoors, maybe near my house?

I do have gunnies, they help keep the ticks and fleas down.

thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:55 pm

For outside, a friend of mine recommended a sulfur powder. I can't remember the name. It's sold at Seminole Feed Stores.
I haven't gotten any because I have a tortoise that roams the backyard and I don't know if it will kill him. He eats a lot of grass.
You can find borax anywhere, I believe. It's kept in the laundry detergent section. I don't know if it would work outside. I live in Florida and we get a lot of rain. Borax only works when it's dry.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 am

I found Natural Care at walmart. It uses botanical oils.
It only cost me 10$ for the continuous spray, 14oz. I used it on my hard wood floors, bedding, on Yatzee and my cats. Even the prairie dog. I have better success with this than I have with the things I paid hundreds for at the vet.
The revolution made Yatzee act weird for a couple of days. This stuff smells really good and has no effect on him.
Highly recommend this product.

What is your thoughts on Diatomaceous Earth? I have a bag of that. it says it can be used indoors and outdoors?
(it is an insect dust) the bag says it kills ticks, cockroaches, slugs, beetles, earwigs, silverfish and other crawling insects)

Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 am

I haven't been able to find Diatomaceous Earth in my area. Which is surprising but, I heard a lot of good things about it and it isn't poisonous to animals.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 am

Yatzee wrote:I haven't been able to find Diatomaceous Earth in my area. Which is surprising but, I heard a lot of good things about it and it isn't poisonous to animals.

I can't remember where I bought mine at. it has been awhile.
here is a link to where you might be able to buy it:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=diatomace ... lang=en-US

it says chewy.com has it. I use chewy.com a lot, their prices are good, and the delivery is quick.
however, I live In PA, I think chewy is in the eastern pa, I live in western pa. but, I think (not sure) they might have other locations.

Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:04 pm

I have a Chewy down the street from me. They insist on online ordering. No store front for pick up.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Yatzee wrote:I have a Chewy down the street from me. They insist on online ordering. No store front for pick up.

my guess is Chewy is a warehouse only :shrug:
you should have your order in one day, especially if you live that close.

on weekdays, I get the order the next day. if I order on a Saturday or Sunday, it sometimes takes 2 days.
it comes thru FedEx. they are on the other side of PA from where I live.
for me, it is convenient. I hate going to stores.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 pm

You can order Diatomaceous Earth off Amazon. That's what I did. :)
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”