Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Aggressive Raccoon

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Booboogin

Aggressive Raccoon

Postby Booboogin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:02 pm

I have a 6 year old raccoon not spayed yet. We were very closely bonded, the one day she just decided not to like me anymore she is very aggressive with me she is fine with my husband. I just don't understand what happened. I am going to spay her next month or sooner. My question is once I get her fixed will she calm her aggressive behavior down and also what could cause her to get this way? We were so close and I love her so much.

Heartbroken
Booboogin
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aggressive Raccoon

Postby pat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:32 pm

not sure why at 6 years old your raccoon would suddenly get aggressive. however, many intact raccoons will get aggressive during breeding season.
at 6 years old, I doubt spay would help now. icon-sad

raccoons do breed in june also, so, maybe after breeding season, she might go back to be your sweet little girl.

I generally get my raccoons fixes by 6 months.

maybe someone else can chime in with more help.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:55 pm

I moved your post to the raccoon forum for better views on raccoon topics.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Booboogin

Postby Booboogin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Thank you for your help. Her original human mom who raised her passed away and I took Ellie May in at 16 months. I just found a vet I like so I will be getting her fixed here shortly. But she just heard my voice and she grumbles at me. But yet when she wants her treats she gently eats them out of my hand. I just don't understand why this all the sudden she wants nothing to do with me. It just breaks my heart. Thanks again for your input.
Booboogin
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:30 pm

You should get her vet checked before the spay. A sudden change in attitude is often due to a health issue.
Booboogin

Postby Booboogin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Thank you. I will definitely do that first.
Booboogin
Booboogin

Postby Booboogin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Her appetite is good.and like I mentioned early she is sweet with my husband no problem with him. She is just not herself sleeping a lot and really not to much interest in her toys which she has a lot of and gets new ones just about every other day she is spoiled. She acts depressed.
Booboogin
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:17 pm

With the sleeping a lot added in it could be pain or discomfort from something. No all animals stop eating for things other than stomach upset. My old dog kept aching like a pig with shot liver and kidneys and cancer and back issues. My old cat kept eating until the day she died with cancer.

I'm not insinuating it's any of those dire things though, could be joint pain or something simple. But get a blood test and compare to raccoon values(not dog or cat) to see if anythings off and check her joints, if she's wake for the exam can check for pain reaction while the vet moves them if not then could do x-rays.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”