Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link below.
also, when you use ebates, you should go there first, then select the store you want shop online. this will ensure you get paid. (however, as I mentioned, there should be a drop down menu at the top also)

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Racoons

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Samanthascott

Racoons

Postby Samanthascott » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:19 pm

New to this forum , have a female raccoon. Started with 3 2 boys 1 girl their mom didn't come back after their home was destroyed . I WAS TOLD TO CALL ANIMAL CONTROL AND THEY WOULD EUTHANIZE them. They were very small , eyes closed , ears , down , bottle feed. Came time for their release , they were a year. The 2 boys went to the woods 28 acres . The female left for a few nights and them came back , let her go again, them came back . This went on for a few months then she came back injured , she was rough. After finding a vet, which was hard, she is currently be nursed back to health. My new problem is she may have a permanent injury. She has been meds for a few weeks it seems her left hand will not move and is always tucked under her. Once she heals to the best she can be she will be spayed. I know they are not easy to care for , not that they are hard it is just allot . It is easier with just one. I am concerned on how I care for her now. She is very snorty Now and has taken attitude with my husband. He was her favorite .She is not one to hold her , yes we can pet and lay with her she even sleeps in bed with us. Before she got hurt. What do I do. She won't get in for her bath, she coo s to go out but not till she's healed she has been hurt for a month 1/2 .We thought she was doing well then the arm, and her hip an abscess. Then vet now waiting . How can I make her comfortable.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Racoons

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:01 am

I'd try some pain meds from the vet as the behavior your seeing is likely from pain. If eventually the pain meds don't work you migt consider removing the limb since it's not really any good to her now anyway from the sound of it. But there are several types of pain meds that could be tried first.
Ana

Postby Ana » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:49 am

What a terrible situation for you and her. :(

When she gets to whining to go outside, you might try handing her an ice cube, a straw (in the wrapper if you can), a rubber band, or the lid to a soda bottle. These are things I give our middle boy when he's in the grip of anxiety that have the power to distract, at least briefly.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Her problem with your husband may be a hormonal thing that will go away with the change in season and maybe permanently with spaying .It doesn't sound like she's a good prospect for release unless there is no other option. With their heavy coat its hard to tell what's going on with injuries and until she heals up and feels better she will probably be cranky. As long as she has somewhere she feels safe and you & your husband around for when she needs company and sympathy, she will get over wanting out so bad.
Samanthascott

Postby Samanthascott » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. As for pain meds she is on them, it's only been 2 weeks since the abscess has been drained. Taking limb would be the absolute last thing to happen. The vet feels we need to wait to see what the antibiotics well do . She may need it drained again. Her toys are plenty, we have her a roll pillow that she loves to straddle, it's comfortable for her belly. I brought her a few acorns in to play with and crunch. As of late she just sleeps mostly in my closet, but patience is what the vet ordered. In the mean time she is spoiled with her Cheetos , ritz cheese crackers and her Gatorade . Thank you all , I will let YOU know of her progress she goes next Friday for her appt. Samantha and Regina
Samanthascott

Ragina

Postby Samanthascott » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:41 am

Update in Regina , went to vet Friday, another abscess, drained. It seems she will be disabled in her left hand. She is doing well . We are building her own tree house inside, and outside play yard. Wonder if I can claim her as a child ,lol. She's sweet and we are all working on making get comfortable. She had run of house and no mischief, no trash , nothing . I'm sure it is a matter of time. She loves sleeping in cabinets. She is a pleasure , sweet , and ours. We are blessed with her.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Glad she's doing so well and made herself at home with you.
Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Aren't they just the greatest? Once you've made all the necessary modifications for her, you might want to consider getting another for company and fun!
So great that she gets a happy ending. ♡♡♡
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:33 pm

So glad to hear she's doing better. Did the vet know why she's getting the abscesses?
Samanthascott

Postby Samanthascott » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Trefoil wrote:So glad to hear she's doing better. Did the vet know why she's getting the abscesses?

He believes it was from an infection that just hung on . I had trouble giving her antibiotic pills. But now she has liquid and he gave her a 2 week antibiotic shot , which was nice. She doesn't snarl at my husband they are back to being buds. Happy wit the Vet He has been fantastic , amazing, talk to us and helped us help her. , very pleased.Samantha thank you all
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:52 am

so glad to hear she is making improvement. are you planning on getting her fixed?

please keep us updated and of course pictures. we really want to hear your progress.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”