Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

raccoon teething

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Debek60

raccoon teething

Postby Debek60 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:56 am

Do raccoon gums generally swell while teething molars?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: raccoon teething

Postby pat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 am

I personally never experienced it.

the other members should be able to help further.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:06 pm

I never noticed, either. Are you seeing some unusual swelling in your raccoon's gums?
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Narrowed it down to an infection. Started meds this morning. I just love the little guy. Fingers are crossed for a positive result. Thank you both for responding.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:18 pm

Oh, dear! Well, good luck. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:51 pm

I will do that. Thank you so much again.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:24 pm

On meds. Seemed to be ok, but tonight the gum is bleeding and he seems more listless. I sure don't want to lose him. I am worried.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Does he have a temperature?

Is a vet an option? They can narrow down what type of infection and if a nasty one can implant antibiotic beads into the gum.

Also he's young so this probably isn't it but not impossible, my dog got cancer in her gums and it was bloody and swollen looking, It's probably just an infection, which can be bad enough, but a vet could rule out other possible issues.

What kind of antibiotic do you have him on? Some are better for oral infections than others.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 pm

He is on Cephalexin. I had to tell me vet a lie since you can't keep raccoons in this state. I told him it is for a sort of feral cat. He said if this didn't work in a week, I could get penicillin in a shot form. Huggy doesn't seem to be running a fever and he still is eating and playing with me. He seems better tonight, his normal wakey time. Thanks so much for caring. I sure do love the little guy. I have had him for 4 months now. I bottle fed him for almost 2 months.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 pm

You're really lucky your vet is willing to do that(cuz it's illegal if he's never seen the animal, uunless he's seen the a stray cat from you before then he'd be fine, not that you'd tell on him, lol so he will be anyway) but that's great for you that he was willing to do that.

Maybe if it was an abscess it broke open, causing the bleeding? Either way I'm sure it didn't feel to good.

Glad he seems better.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:35 am

I have wonderful vets. I am lucky. Huggy is so wise to getting the meds. He hides his face. LOL! I am hoping this will work. My vets all know what an animal lover I am and have told me that I am a "good mommy".
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Hopefully the meds will do the trick. If he likes peanut butter, maybe you could hide the meds in a spoonful of it. Please let us know how he's doing.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am

Huggy is on a different med. Just got first dose. Fingers stilled crossed. He still eats, drinks and plays. Still no obvious signs of fever.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 am

Debek60 wrote:Huggy is on a different med. Just got first dose. Fingers stilled crossed. He still eats, drinks and plays. Still no obvious signs of fever.

so glad to hear Huggy is doing a little better. if I may ask, what type of meds did you change to? and why?
I am hoping for a full recovery, please keep us updated and thank you this update.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 pm

The cephalexin seemed to be having no effect. He is on one named Coviden now. An even more broad range one

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”