Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link below.
also, when you use ebates, you should go there first, then select the store you want shop online. this will ensure you get paid. (however, as I mentioned, there should be a drop down menu at the top also)

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

raccoon teething

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Debek60

Re: raccoon teething

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:34 pm

sent it twice. Hope one works
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 pm

That worked but of course it exceeded the site limits. I uploaded it private to my photo account so no one can see it except for my sharing it here. And can delete it later.

Image20161004_130618_resized by TamanduaGirl, on Flickr

Unfortunately that really seems like a tumor to me. My dog's was probably a different type as it was slow growing and got lumpy when it was bigger and that's smooth. There is some red right around the tooth but the rest isn't. Gum infection would have a lot more of the gums being inflamed. Root of the tooth infection can cause large swelling but usually up higher like under the eye, but I've only dealt with that in dogs. So maybe would swell lower in a raccoon. An infection like that should also be painful but then "wild" animals are good at hiding pain. If you could somehow get a vet to look and aspirate it for a sample you could find out for sure if it's a treatable infection or something worse.

Edit: another sign is that the tooth seems pushed more out than on the other side for that the happen the "swelling" would have to involve the bone, so possible bone cancer.

I would try to find some way for a vet to check though. Can't really diagnose from a photo. Only for sure it taking a bit to look at under the microscope by people who know what they are looking at. But it does look bad :(
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:57 pm

No vet here or in the nearby states will see him. I told my vets it is one of my barn cats. I have Huggy even though the "law" says I can't have him.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Don't know if you can see but the left side is swollen too, just not as much.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Maybe try calling some vets. A lot of them don't know the laws on keeping things and just see the patents. Would just need one to be willing to see him without wanting to see documentation.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:20 pm

I called MANY vets. Even where raccoons are "legal". Found out that NO vet in my state, nor the nearest state will treat him. They all gave me the same answer. It is not legal to have native wildlife and they will not treat them. Believe me, I have exhausted that possibility. In this state there is not even a permit you can get to keep any native wildlife.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:22 pm

A natural thing that might help at least slow it down some would be curcumin, not to be confused with cumin, it's an extract of turmeric. I buy it on amazon from bulk supplements, it keeps my fibroids in check so no pain and bleeding from them since it shrinks them down a bit and gave it to Hyzzie for her liver and kidneys. I gave Hyzzie 1/8-1/4 tsp of the pure powder twice a day. If you really can't find any vet willing to help then at least it would be something to try.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:31 pm

am on amazon. which one do you use since there are many to choose from
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:39 pm

I get this one since it works out the least expensive. It doesn't have much flavor so should be easy to mix in food. Hyzzie would take nothing that way though so I just made a paste of it mixed with some DHA(fish oil) and wiped it in her mouth
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHY368G
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Ordered. hope it helps some. He is such a lovey boy. Loves to cuddle and play. It breaks my heart. Thank you SO much for all your help and support.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Hope it helps too. Poor guy and know it's hard on you too.
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:31 pm

It sure is. Odd that he is still in such good spirits. Sure do love him.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Here is a link to help that Pat gave someone a couple of years ago. It says its step by step
http://www.sybilsden.com/addpost.htm
hope it helps
Debek60

Postby Debek60 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:34 pm

did not work
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Debek60, I PM'd you here, and haven't heard back from you, so I'll post it here. If you're in or near PA, I can recommend someone who would probably see your baby, but I won't post it here publicly. PM me if you want that info.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”