Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Handling Safely & Effectively for Vaccinations??

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

DeweysMom

Re: Handling Safely & Effectively for Vaccinations??

Postby DeweysMom » Tue May 09, 2017 11:34 am

Ana, my vet did recommend them to have both, but I'm chancing it with alternating. I asked if distemper was a big issue in our immediate area, and they said so far, no, but will give me a head's up if they see a large increase in cases so I can get them the feline distemper.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ana

Postby Ana » Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 am

Better go ahead and get both, then. Poor bubs. Thank you!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 pm

In looking into it for fennecs I found a study showing giving dgs the feline shot did protect them from the dog strain. So it should be okay to just give the dog strain. Plus the dog one lasts 3 years anyway.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue May 09, 2017 1:27 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:In looking into it for fennecs I found a study showing giving dgs the feline shot did protect them from the dog strain. So it should be okay to just give the dog strain. Plus the dog one lasts 3 years anyway.

That is exactly my line of thinking, TG. Figuring the feline strain and the canine virus probably aren't too very different, my boys should be covered from either strain of distemper by getting one or the other vaccine each year. I've had others disagree with me on this, but I feel my boys are sufficiently covered - enough that if they did contract either form of distemper, they'd have enough antibodies in them to fight off the worst of it and not succumb to the disease. Add in the fact that the vaccine IS a 3-yr vaccine, I figure if I alternate each year, they should be more than sufficiently covered.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ana

Postby Ana » Tue May 09, 2017 3:20 pm

The dog strain it is! I love this forum! ♡♡♡
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue May 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Ana wrote:The dog strain it is! I love this forum! ♡♡♡

Certainly discuss with your veterinarian, see what his/her opinion is.They went to med school, have far vaster knowledge than most of us.

But especially these distemper vaccines are supposedly good for 3 years, I personally feel if you alternate every year, they really should be safe.
Dana

Ana

Postby Ana » Tue May 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Our new vet has never treated a raccoon before, but she's young and interested, unlike Dr. Harvey, oh he of the blank stare. :lol:
I'm taking Jude in for a weighing this week, we'll see what they have to say, I'll let everybody know either way. :D
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed May 10, 2017 11:33 am

Ana wrote: we'll see what they have to say, I'll let everybody know either way. :D

That would be great. Thanks!
Dana

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”