Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

HELP!

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HELP!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 05, 2017 4:00 pm

No. What are you feeding?
Deweylee17

Postby Deweylee17 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:06 pm

KMR
Deweylee17

Postby Deweylee17 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Kitten Milk Replacement
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Usually people have the opposite problem with that but it could be a bad batch maybe try buying a new can. You could try adding some baby cereal, the fiber will help to bind the stool.

If it doesn't clear up she'll have to see a vet as diarrhea can kill due to causing dehydration if it continues.
Deweylee17

Postby Deweylee17 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:26 pm

This is her third can of KMR since I have had her. I will try adding the baby cereal as suggested.
Do I just add regular baby cereal? And I guess I would just add it to her bottle and cut the whole in the nipple bigger?

One more question if you don't mind. When litter training what type of litter should I use?
It seems the litter I am using sticks to her feet. Is there any sort of rules that apply to litter training? Do they normally have to pee and poop 10 minutes after feeding?

And Thank You for all of your advice greatly appreciated.
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri May 05, 2017 6:41 pm

KMR is expensive and unnecessary if you have a tractor supply store. Consider "Nurse-All",
which comes in much larger sizes for far less money. Make your formula a tad richer to firm
up stools. Yellow and runny can be normal, but not total liquid. I would do a gentle genital
simulation before and after feeding with human grade sensitive skin baby wipes. If he's able
to walk around very well, you can do the genital stimulation directly over a litter pan to start
the process of understanding where potty goes. With tiny babies, we've used 'equine bedding',
which is pellets (also at tractor supply) - you can switch to scoop you litter when he's older.
SamyDavis

Postby SamyDavis » Sun May 07, 2017 11:52 am

I would hope all vets ask for paperwork. Even though your previous raccoon lived that long without ever going to one, that stuff is still important. What are you going to do if Roxy becomes sick or in need of medical attention? You can't deny that from her. I know how strong the emotional bond is with these guys but you need to put her well-being first. If she gets taken away from you because you didn't do all the things you're supposed to do that allows us to legally have these animals in the first place, who knows what her fate will be or where she'll end up. If you're this determined to keep her then I think you should put all your focus on getting the permit. It will solve all these issues. Find/contact a breeder in your state and get their license number so you can put it on your application. Everything else you should be able to look up on the internet relatively easily as long as it's correct information about the animal. I know it's not the quick solution you were looking for and that this is a stressful situation for you. I'm so emotionally attached to my raccoon and the bond we have I can't grasp the idea of losing him in my life if it was over something that could have been preventable.
The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon May 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Please do not use cat litter at this point in her life. If she ingests it (by licking her feet), it could cause impaction. At this stage of her life, a few layers of newspaper or paper towels in the litter box are all that is necessary. Once she is older (4-6 months) you can slowly change her over to the cat litter.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”