PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Cool idea for coonie comfort!

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

DeweysMom

Cool idea for coonie comfort!

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:14 am

Thought I share: I found these on Amazon when I was looking for a regular hammock for myself. Think I'm going to get 2 for my boys. I think they'd dig them!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZGTKMC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I17B9T51FUCBL1&colid=ORE2M1AC3XLG
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Trefoil

Re: Cool idea for coonie comfort!

Postby Trefoil » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Please let us know if it holds up.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:58 pm

I will! Gotta get them ordered, installed and using them for a bit. So I'll try to report back in about a month or two.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:52 am

All I see is vulnerabilities, LOL, please, keep us posted, I've wanted some swings for the boys, but haven't had any luck! We did create a bug tube enrichment thing, I need to get some footage! ♡
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 am

All I see is vulnerabilities

Please explain your concerns, because I don't want to buy them for the boys if I think they can get hurt... :shrug:
Dana

Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Oh no, only that I think Jude would tear it to pieces, I don't think they look dangerous.
HE'S dangerous to canvas, cloth, any type of fabric. :roll:
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:12 pm

That is what I was worried about as well.. The swings' destruction. Kevlar might work.
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:28 am

LOL, we talked about building one and that's the same material we came up with. The other boys aren't so obnoxious about it, but Jude? He's gonna turn that beautiful swing into dental floss.
:lol:
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:11 pm

I just ordered one of these, so I'll let you all know how it works out. I think it'll be OK for Bobby - he's usually pretty kind to stuff. But Dewey is Mr. Destructo!
Dana

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

I also just ordered one. Now I have to decide where to put it.

hope to hear other experience with it.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 pm

OK, so not the BEST idea for raccoons, but not the worst, either.

The inflatable cushion inserts into a zippered area. How do you think that worked out? Really thought they'd CHEW the zipper open, but they actually unzipped it and spared it harm. The cushion, however, was another story and was DOA the next morning. LOL Plan to have hubby cut a piece of plywood the same size round as the cushion, insert it into the zippered part along with a blanket in lieu of the cushion. Might work, might not. We;ll see.

Other than that, the pod is made of fairly heavy duty canvas, and even though they play through the material (one inside the pod, the other outside), it has yet to show any kind of damage.

My assessment? If $20 isn't a hardship to part with, it's worth purchasing. Just plan alternatives to the inflatable cushion! LOL
Dana

linseylou

Postby linseylou » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Good to know, is the material good for outside use? I'm wanting to build nessie an outdoor enclosure to play in some and think that may be great for it
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Yes, the pod is actually designed for outdoor use, I think. I had planned it for my outside enclosure, but once it arrived, I opted to install in their inside enclosure only because of lack of space in their outdoor. If you read some of the reviews, many people have them outside (some suspended from trees, or under decks) and have said they hold up very well to the elements - some have had them up several years and are still in good shape. I think if you can keep it out of the harshest sunlight, it should last several years. Sunlight is hard on stuff!

Additionally, I'm going to be shading the outdoor enclosure with these. They are on their way, I'll let you know what I think of them once they arrive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOSJM8A/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Dana

linseylou

Postby linseylou » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Awesome thanks, I think ill get one for nessie soon then, and I'll just be ready to repair it when/if she tears up the pillow :) so far she's inside except for on a leash, but her enclosure will be built soon
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:13 pm

She's still a whee tike, not yet ready for full time enclosure time, for sure! :icon-wink: Hoping if she plays on/in this when she's little, she won't be as apt to destroy it? :shrug: My boyz are 3 & 6, so they have a tendency to destroy whatever new things they come in contact with!
Dana

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”