Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Can't get my baby coonie to take the bottle

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ellie May

Can't get my baby coonie to take the bottle

Postby Ellie May » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 pm

I got a rescue coon that looks to be about 10 weeks old and was eating fine from the bottle before I got him but he won't eat for me since yesterday afternoon ... he longs to be loved on ... follows me around ... plays and gets into everything but won't take a bottle for me ! I tried warming it up then I tried room temperature and still he only bites the Nipple a few times and then he's done ... I'm using the same bottle that she was using only difference is I'm using a goats milk powder and she was using fox valley milk so I'm not sure if that's why ? I have a coonie named RJ I got him at 6 weeks old and I never had bottle issues ... I really wanted to bottle feed Issac because they say that's how you get your greatest bonding time but he really only stays with me and follows me around just won't take a bottle ... I really need help or suggestions on this for he is the sweetest thing ! Also is it a possibility for him to bond to me without bottle feeding ?
Ellie May

Re: Can't get my baby coonie to take the bottle

Postby Ellie May » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Even though I hadn't bottle fed him he acts just as bonded to me as my RJ whom I bottle fed I just didn't know if that would change as Issac gets older. Issac is also way more loving Far as he will let me hold him long periods of time & love and scratch on him ... so I'm hoping if he won't take the bottle that he will stay that way! I've tried some foods today but he is pretty picky about that too lol
Ana

Postby Ana » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:21 am

You can absolutely bond without bottle feeding, provided he is treated as a beloved member of the family, not caged or isolated. Trust and friendship build over time, even if he can't get the bottle down. One thing I've noticed is coons refusing latex nipples, and preferring silicone. Perhaps try some different nipples and see if you get lucky. *hugs*
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Its likely the change in formula. As long as he is continuing to gain weight and you keep cuddling and carrying him around it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:40 pm

I agree with Trefoil - most likely it's the formula. Try picking up the smallest size of KMR at the grocery, see if he'll eat that. Closer to Fox Valley than goat's milk, I'd imagine.

And yes, bonding doesn't just happen to bottle-feds. Time well-spent with your coonies of ANY age will help them bond with you, too.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ellie May

Postby Ellie May » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Thank y'all soo much for the information! This message board has been amazing for me & my coonies!
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Did you have any success with Isaac taking the bottle yet? Or have you just started him on regular foods?
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ellie May

Postby Ellie May » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 am

Sorry for late response I had suffered some health issues and haven't been in the online much but I'm doing better now!! Yes he weaned himself and didn't eat the first day but I got him to try cheerios strawberry flavored and issacs been eating ever since. Thank you so much for your help and for this webpage and message board it means so much to have other cookie lovers to talk to !

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”