PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Raccoon and cat food?

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ana

Re: Raccoon and cat food?

Postby Ana » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:44 am

Here's tonight. The mess is so epic, it defies description. There were two tilapia, but the creeps
stole one almost straight from the oven!

Do you guys think this is too much food for 3 adults? The rest of the day is just snacks - a few nuts, berries, seeds, etc
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:37 am

looks like the food is a good source. however, why are you putting all their food in one dish?
or is one dish per raccoon?

what food is that above the corn?

all my raccoons get separate bowls. they usually have their own spot to eat. of course when one don't finish, another one might.
or the foxes will finish.

I would think animals could be like people as far as food goes. in other words, it is best to keep their carbs down
I only give a couple grapes to each raccoon. it that fish next to the corn? I know most raccoons love fish, it is a good source of food for them.
for some weird reason, my little darlings wont eat fish :roll:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 am

There's a little shredded cabbage and the other thing is quinoa and rice with squash and zucchini.
Everybody eats in the same place, but at different times. I put the food down right after Jude goes outside in the evening, lol, so Corso and Charb eat first, then I let Jude know it's there. It never occurred to me to try and fed in separate dishes, as there's never any squabbling. Do you think it would help?
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 am

Curious about something and may as well ask in this thread as it's already on topic with my thought.

People say raccoons are picky eaters. As a pet, do they just adapt into a picky eater, or does it happen because they grow used to the food they ate when younger (like the kibble)?

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”