Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Presenting, her Radiance, Senora Meteora!

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ana

Presenting, her Radiance, Senora Meteora!

Postby Ana » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 am

Sorry this took so long, sharing space with four raccoons has proved perhaps more difficult that I had imagined. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the photo Tiny Tracks advertised. Looks pretty black, yes?

This is Senora the very next day. I'm not sure if they had a lighting issue, but she does not resemble the kit in the
original photo. Senora is not remotely black. The entire adoption experience was fraught with difficulty, and while
I suspect she is not the kit I saw originally, she is delightful and I'm quite glad to have met her. icon-smile

Senora with Jude

She's a goofy girl, very demanding, no patience. Very loving, world class snuggler, intelligent, thoughtful, loves her people,
loves her brothers. After much discussion and consideration, she will be spayed in a few months.

Corso insists that I show off his sveldt form, so here he is. He's four now, and doing great. icon-smile

Here's some little extras from the last few weeks. icon-smile

Image Jude, 4th of July

Image Jude checking out the new sensory board

Image More Jude, sensory board

Image Senora, abruptly fell asleep :lol:

Image Senora watching tv with her dad

Image Sleepy Senora

https://streamable.com/lp6zg Senora plays peekaboo (small video clip)

Hope everybody is doing well, have a great summer! (Ooofa, I can't wait for it to be over! :lol: )
Trefoil

Re: Presenting, her Radiance, Senora Meteora!

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:00 pm

In most of the pics Jude looks black. She's adorable, as are Jude and Corsco. I can't believe you gave them a xylophone, that's worse than giving a baby a toy drum. You must have good ear plugs.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Her white eyebrow area is a lot bigger than in the ad photo so I'd agree not the same one.

She's cute though and looks sweet.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Thanks for ALL of the pics, Ana! Senora is adorable! (Aren't they ALL?!? :icon-wink: ) It's great to see your boys, too - it's been a while since you've posted any of them.

Question: How much attention do they pay to the 'sensory wall'? Doubtful mine would bother with it after the initial exploratory stage... The only thing they really have interest in is EATING! :wall:

And I agree with TG - the photo TT sent you is NOT the same raccoon. Bad lighting had nothing to do with it. Like TG said, the white brow area is different. It's virtually non-existent in TT's photo. Hoping you didn't pay extra for a black and then got a regular colored one. :-x
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Bit of a sordid tale, really. I got a postcard from TT that reads "you are first in line for distribution
by sex and color". I calied them to verify and they said unequivocally YES, the black female is yours.
A few days before pickup they call me and say no, they made a mistake, she's for someone else. I was very upset and said forget it, I only wanted the black female. Several more days go by, I get another call - I can have the black female. I pick her up, she's not the girl from the picture. And yes, they charge an extra fee for black, and an extra fee for female. All in all it was a disaster, but again, she's a bright little star, and I'm of course quite glad she is here.

The sensory board - everything is attached with some fancy type of screw and they've still
managed an outrageous amount of destruction in a very short period of time. It's something
where I'll have to pick out new stuff to replace what they tear off on a weekly basis.

The xylophone. I don't know what I was thinking. But I was NOT thinking of being beautifully
asleep at 4am to be jarred awake by Charb's dulcet notes on the frigging thing. Another oversight!
:lol:
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Have you contacted Tiny tracks? You are entitled to the "black" refund at the very least and I would add on a rebate for misleading you on the baby you received vs the one you bought.
Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:30 pm

The woman never apologized for the inconvenience, was VERY defensive and hostile when I
expressed shock and dismay over her "paperwork mistake" causing me to be told the baby
was mine when she was not. I'm not going to contact her again. I'm only angry because I
cannot handle five raccoons, and Senora has taken up that last free spot in the house, so it
will be at least a decade before I can have the black raccoon I've always wanted.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 am

I'm sorry you got ripped off, Ana. Actually, I'm quite surprised that this happened. I've never gotten anything from TT, but I've always heard stellar things about them. As Trefoil mentioned, you should be entitled to $$ back since you paid for black but didn't get it. TT should do that for you without even being asked, if they are ethical business people.

I understand how you feel about already having this sweet little girl, how you wouldn't exchange her or give her back because she's stolen your heart, but I also totally understand how sad you are that you will have to wait so long to add that black one that you've always wanted. I, too, would like a black or a cinnamon, but for the time being, two is my limit. I'd planned eventually to add another before Bobby became available, and while I love that guy to the moon and back because he is SUCH A SWEETIE PIE and I'd never give him up, it does preclude me from adding another to my gaze. Unless I can somehow hypnotize my husband into agreeing to another. LOL

Love what you got. As I've always been told when it comes to wanting that horse of unusual markings or coat, "You can't ride color!" :icon-wink:
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ana

Postby Ana » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Yeah, four is the absolute limit. The cleaning is overwhelming, the vet bills are high.
I was clearly laboring under the "baby rabies" when I imagined life with four. Don't try
this at home, lol!

On an unrelated note, summer has really brought Corso out of his shell. He only has eyes for momma, but that's just fine. :mrgreen:

And Jude being... himself yesterday :lol:

Charb and his favorite person. :mrgreen:
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Did Jude have too much to drink? :lol:

It was a pleasure to meet Senora. She was very sweet and well mannered. For now :twisted:
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm so glad Corso seems happy again - even if he's socializing with only you. Thanks for posting the photos, Ana!

And I totally understand the workload and the vet bills. I'm right there with you.Our spring vaccinations for all of our fur-kids ran nearly $1000 in May. And "me" time?!? There isn't any. Sometimes you just have to know your limits, both in time and finances.

And a friend of mine just contacted me, would I give a 1.5 year old male raccoon a home? Supposedly someone's pet - no sure if licensed? Haven't talked to her yet. HOPING I can say "NO!", but being the softee that I am ... :wall: If anyone reading this is looking to adopt, please let me know - so I don't end up with another one!!
Dana

Ana

Postby Ana » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Omg, you're gonna end up with four just like me, I can see it coming. :lol: :lol:
2017, year the coons take over. Once they outnumber the humans in the house,
the dynamic shifts, the circus ramps up! :D
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 am

I mentioned to husband that there was a boy needing a home, and he didn't reply. Didn't say yes, didn't say no - just didn't say anything. I'm taking that as a non-endorsement on the idea. :lol: I'm trying hard, through my connections, to find him a home.
Dana

Ana

Postby Ana » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Silence gives consent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”