Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Vega Thread (Pics, Updates, etc.)

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vega Thread (Pics, Updates, etc.)

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:49 pm

The nose thing is totally normal for them. They also love to stick their nose in your mouth and sniff. "Coati nose blows"
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Vega is still an incredibly picky eater. He only wants to eat sweet things (fruits), bugs, or his dog food. He won't touch vegetables or anything else, not even junk food like crackers or cereal. An amusing thing he does is only eat the flesh of apple slices I bring him, he leaves the skin behind since it isn't sweet. :lol:

He's also gotten a lot better about walking on the harness, although loud noises spook him into climbing back onto my shoulder. He's not a fan of open spaces like fields, he wants me to let him on my shoulder in those types of places, but I think that's normal. I'll have to acclimate him to it.

He's getting bigger, still no changes in behavior, acts like a big baby still. It's weird, usually they've grown out of this stuff by now. I wonder if he's a little slow on maturing? He acts the same as when I first got him, no food aggression, takes his toys and food into my lap, follows me around everywhere and will cry for me if he's scared, lets me handle him and put harnesses and sweaters on without struggle, etc... :shrug:
He's about 9 pounds. He's getting neutered next week (appointment was earlier but kept getting moved back) so I hope everything goes well. I'll have to ask the vet about his behavior too, just to make sure he isn't sick or anything.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Vega is growing! Still super clingy and will cry for me if I'm more than 5 feet away from him.

He's doing great with his harness and leash. He loves meeting people (although I don't let them pet him, just to be safe) and going outside. I'm considering getting him a companion so that he's never alone, coatis are so social, he absolutely hates being alone for any amount of time so it's heartbreaking. I was told by other owners that I shouldn't need to expand his 10x10 outdoor enclosure even if I have 2 since they're out with me 90% of the time... I might do it anyways though, it'll give them more room.

He's going to get neutered on the 8th, 2 days. Had to delay it a few times due to being busy. I hope everything goes well. icon-sad

Also have to check what insects they shouldn't eat. We have centipedes and millipedes that get into his enclosure, and he'll snap them up, but will burp a lot after and have bad breath. And he ate a leopard slug, which gave him loose stool. I don't want him to be eating anything that's bad for him.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Dropped off at the vet today, he'll be staying overnight. I was surprised, he wasn't nervous at all in the car or at the vet clinic. He got to meet people (most of which had never seen a coati) and had a lot of fun. I also got to meet a red fox (pearl color morph I think?) and 2 raccoons.... Naughty people keeping them illegally, haha. They were really cool, the fox was beautiful.

The lady I was talking to before said I could come a couple times a week to shadow her work and help out. I'm pretty excited over that, I'll get to meet all sorts of new exotics! :mrgreen:

Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 am

Vega's been hiccuping a lot lately, usually after he drinks water. It's kind of weird but the vet said he was healthy. Maybe he just swallows his water wrong? icon_confused.gif

Sometimes he'll tremble after waking up too, as if he's cold. But only after waking up. He'll do this if it's not chilly out too, or if he's in my room. :icon-frown:
I'm probably just worrying other nothing, but I'll give my vet a call soon just to be safe.

In other events, Vega already weighs 15 pounds! He doesn't feel that heavy to me at all, I would have guessed he weighed around 8 pounds.
He's still the same as he was as a baby, super attached to me and hates me being more than a few feet away. Resource guards some toys he really loves but not often, didn't guard food. Brings his toys and treats into my lap. If I'm gone for a while he's stressed and won't play with any toys or enrichment devices I leave for him, he just wants me. So I have to keep him with me all day, which isn't too bad. :lol:

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Body temp drops while sleeping so try to make sure where he sleeps is nice and warm. Warm for a tropical animal is warmer than you are used too keeping it inside. Pua would be shivery when she woke up when younger even 75 or so try to keep it 78 or more but if you can't then he may need a bit of heat in his sleep spot.

Also maybe try making sure he heats something before going to bed so he has energy in him to burn for heat.

As for hiccuping try elevating the bowl

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”