Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Official Raccoon vaccine protocols

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ana

Official Raccoon vaccine protocols

Postby Ana » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:14 pm

Canine distemper (Merial PUREVAX Ferret Distemper) vaccinate at 6-8 weeks and every 14 weeks of age; booster annually. Recombinant
canary poxvectored CDV is recommended --> modified live vaccine

Traditional MLV vaccines should not be used because they can cause post-vaccinal CDV encephalitis

Rabies: vaccinate at 16 weeks; booster annually.
Only a killed rabies vaccine product should be used.
Feline parvovirus (panleukopenia) and leptospirosis may be indicated depending on location, possible exposure or
outbreak.

Feline parvovirus killed vaccine (i.e. Fort Dodge FVRCP) vaccinate at 6-8 weeks, then repeat every 3-4 weeks until 14 weeks
of age; booster annually.
Leptospirosis: vaccinate at 10-12 weeks, repeat once in 3-4 weeks and then annually.

Dan Johnson, DVM
Sparttan117

Re: Official Raccoon vaccine protocols

Postby Sparttan117 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 pm

So are feline and canine distemper close enough that the feline one covers both?
Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm

This is what I was given by the vet's office, so I presume so. They have taken a personal
interest in my boys, and have been in conversation with vets across the globe in regard to
raccoon habitat, diet, vaccinations and overall wellbeing. If there are any changes, I'll post
them here! :)
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Ana wrote:Canine distemper (Merial PUREVAX Ferret Distemper)

Does your vet have this? It's only sold in Canada now and it's the only thing safe to vaccinate a fennec with for distemper. I'd love to get Ikigai vaccinated for distemper but can't because of this, it's pretty hard to catch from what I read(only survives a few hours outside the body but not having him vaccinated leaves me a bit paranoid anyway). If your vet has access to this and could get some to my vet I'd be grateful. If your vet does have this I could PM you my vet's info so your vet could contact mine and work something out about sending it, if he's willing/able. You'll probably have to ask him before answering so just let me know.
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:00 pm

She special ordered it for my kids - its so awesome having a vet that is interested in them,
knows them, and really cares about them. If you send me your vet info, I'll forward it and
maybe get you the stuff! ♡♡♡
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Thank you. My vet vet did look into ordering but couldn't find any from her sources.
Badger

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:29 pm

From my scientific literature research and talking with several veterinarians, killed vaccines are the way to go, and since the raccoon can get both types of distemper, you should vaccinate for both dog & cat varieties. Cat distemper vaccines can be found at farm & ranch stores and through livestock stores that stores that sell vaccines, at least the western states I am in and around.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Rather than load up on all vaccines at once for my guys - which can be really hard on their immune response systems - I will alternate the feline distemper and the canine distemper. One year, they get the feline, the next year they get the canine. Of course, I always defer to my vet and her knowledge of the current distemper situation for our area. If one strain is cropping up more than the other, we'll vaccinate for that one rather than alternating.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”