Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Need advise, female with dark urine.

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Shorttail

Need advise, female with dark urine.

Postby Shorttail » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 am

I need some advise on what could be the cause of a female raccoon with suddenly very dark urine. I see little driblets here and there. It's almost brown in color. She's 3 years old.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need advise, female with dark urine.

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm

She could be dehydrated, have a bladder infection, have liver failed, kidney issues, cancer, internal bleeding. You really need a vet run some tests since this wasn't a one off event. The only at home thing you can do is get her to drink more water.

The dribbling could possibly mean bladder infection or stones.
Shorttail

Postby Shorttail » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Could be possible she's just going into heat?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Breeding season starts in January.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Urine color could also be affected by what she's eating, but it could be a health problem. If you find out, please let us know. Chloe has been especially lovey this last week or so. She's spayed but her "moods" like this I've always assumed were a hormone thing.
Shorttail

Postby Shorttail » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 am

Trefoil wrote:Urine color could also be affected by what she's eating, but it could be a health problem. If you find out, please let us know. Chloe has been especially lovey this last week or so. She's spayed but her "moods" like this I've always assumed were a hormone thing.

That's exactly what I think. A few weeks ago she suddenly wouldn't eat her regular food. She also seemed rather quiet. So I changed her food to another brand that worked well for her and she started eating again (Although I didn't like that brand because it gave her a softer poop and sometimes she wouldn't pinch them off clean.) So I changed brands again to another one she liked and that's when I started noticing the dark urine.
Three days ago I switched her back to her regular food ( the original one that she stopped eating) and she's been eating it along with her walnuts and broccoli as usual.
She's been rather messy around her private parts because of the dark urine thing going on, so I clean her off a couple times a day. This morning I noticed that she was much cleaner than she had been. This dark urine thing has happened before although I didn't keep notes or document what happened back then, I do now.
Also she has been very lovey the past couple weeks also. I agree with you about the "hormone thing" and think that is in part what's going on.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”