PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Raccoons and Seafood?

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Peacefulward

Raccoons and Seafood?

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 pm

....DO NOT feed your raccoon any type of seafood they get aggressive if you do this.

Tiny Tracks states the following on their raccoon page. Is this true? I can't really think of any reason why it would be... They also say that if you own snakes, your fox will never bond with you. icon_confused.gif
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Raccoons and Seafood?

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:51 pm

The fox-snake thing is debunked. Many fox owners keep snakes and other reptiles without a problem, including myself. Dave may have had a bad fox-snake experience, otherwise I'm not sure why he would think that. The raccoon thing I can't speak on since I don't know raccoons, lol.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 am

I would think a raccoon would be healthier if you feed them seafood. However animals can sometimes get food aggressive if given something yummy and novel so he may have experienced something like that.
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 am

I've fed nessie seafood, while she isn't a huge fan out didn't make her aggressive.... she only gets mad when she knows shes doing something she shouldn't be lol
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:11 pm

In my experience feeding a particular food doesn't effect aggression.. On the other hand trying to remove a particular food from them might. Chloe gets real possessive of her treats.
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm

What about crab-eating raccoons would they be exempt from tiny tracks's rule/advice?
Bora Kalem
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:11 pm

I personally believe all raccoons are exempt
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Yeah, I don't see a reason why seafood would make a raccoon (or any animal) aggressive.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”