NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Spayed female nesting

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

cledwards/hank

Spayed female nesting

Postby cledwards/hank » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Have any of you with spayed females ever have their raccoons nest and act like they had babies? Hank is 3 years as of Sept. A year ago, we went through this. Vet told me to find her something small like her babies would be and give it to her, it worked. This went on for about a week. All of sudden, she was back to her old self. She has definitely had some unique aspects of her. She is a inside/outside raccoon. She comes in at night leaves in the morning. You would think it would be the opposite. I definitely hear the wild raccoons talking or calling her. She obviously has been accepted. I was always told if they were spayed and domesticated they wouldn't be. If it's a male, maybe she has just a small amount of hormones they can still mate. Funny thing is, she still chooses to come home so far. We have always respected her decision. She lets us know when she wants out by chittering and pacing. Anybody else with these experiences?

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”