Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Raccoon UTI?

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Rosie&Roscoe

Raccoon UTI?

Postby Rosie&Roscoe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 pm

What are the symptoms of a UTI in a female raccoon?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Raccoon UTI?

Postby pat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:26 am

I am not sure. my guess would be losing control of their bladder. I am not good with health stuff.
if that it is the case, could be an infection. now that I think back, I had a dog that was losing control of her bladder, and it turned out to be an infection. antibiotics for my dog got cured the infection.

if you are in doubt, take her to the vet. there is meds for that.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am

I would think the symptoms would be the same as with any other mammal: seeming to have trouble urinating, fever, general malaise. If you cannot actually bring her to the vet, perhaps you could do a urine capture you could have your vet check? This sounds funny, but a soup ladle works excellent for that. (Hint: Just don't reuse for cooking purposes! :lol: )

There are other issues that could present similar to a UTI, such as kidney problems (ie kidney stone) - even pyometra. It seems that unspayed and never-bred female raccoons have a higher incidence for pyometra. The signs:
Abdominal distention (from an enlarged uterus)
Vulvar (vaginal) discharge.
Closed cervix.
Lethargy.
Depression.
Lack of appetite.
Vomiting.
Frequent urination.

If you have a vet you're working with, please bring her for evaluation, or at the least, call them so they can advise.
Please keep us posted.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm

I agree with Dana, the best way to find out is a vet visit.
please keep us updated.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Rosie&Roscoe

Postby Rosie&Roscoe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks so much for the advice. She is not showing any of those symptoms. She is wet underneath and irritated. She is not happy when I try to wipe her. She does have a vet appointment in a few weeks though.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Rosie&Roscoe -
Would it be possible to move her appointment up a little sooner? If she's constantly wet and the area is irritated, in a few weeks, she could have a raging infection going on there - or worse.

If I've learned ANYthing from my many years of animal husbandry (40+ yrs), it's be PROACTIVE BEFORE an issue blows up into something time consuming, co$tly and or extremely detrimental to the health of the animal.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I had this problem with my dog Hyzzie. The one vet described it as an entrapped vulva. It was lower than it was supposed to be and surrounded by extra belly skin keeping it wet. Surgery to remove the extra skin and pull it into place was an option but not necessary long as we prevented infection. Had to clean her regularly, basically keeping her wiped like a person after going. This did get worse though as she got older and could no longer reach well to help with cleaning. The vet gave an antibiotic cream that also had some steroid in it to keep inflammation down to use as needed.

Could be she's actually leaking of course and then investigation for possible reasons will need to be done, including possible infection or crystals/stones.

For now clean her at least twice a day, more if needed. Get a triple antibiotic cream if there is any redness, if not you might be able to keep it drier with some diaper powder.
Rosie&Roscoe

Postby Rosie&Roscoe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

Rosie is doing much better. She’s been dry for days. I’ve been putting powder on her. She is a little mad at me for applying the powder though icon-sad Hopefully she’ll get over that soon. Thanks for all the advice.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”