Won’t use litter box

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Won’t use litter box

Postby christinasekelsky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi there! My little guy is 9 months old. He’s been using pp pads for months but we have been trying to get him to use a litter box (he’s my second. My first one trained instantly at 6 weeks but Simba is proving to be harder. He had a lot of accidents as a baby). We’ve tried putting a pee pee pad under the litter. Tried different types of litter. Tried two boxes. Tried a puppy attrach “go here” spray. We’ve put his pee and poop in it. He won’t use it. It’s in the space where he usually goes. He would move it out of the way and go on the floor. So we zip tied it to the side of his kennel. Now he just goes in front of it. Also at first he played in it like a sandbox. I’m at a loss of what to do. I’m getting married in two months and we will be spending a night away from home. When he uses the pp pads I have to change it throughout the day multiple times or it’s a huge mess so this isn’t feasible for us to be away for a night or ever in the future (he would be fed). Thanks!
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Won’t use litter box

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Could you get like a shallow tray like a kennel tray that you could put the pee pad on that could be slipped in and out under the edge or something, or make a place for it to slide through. Then the care taker could still change it without entering.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”