PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Nessie got a brother!!

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

linseylou

Nessie got a brother!!

Postby linseylou » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:07 pm

So i don't post often, but figured I should introduce my newest baby :) we've named him D'Artagnan and he's 5mo old. Ness is thrilled with her little brother and so are we. He was a rehome that I was contacted about and my first rehome raccoon. I've taken in 2 rehome foxes last yr, and couldn't be happier with all my babies. Top picture is Ness, bottom outside picture is D'Art
Attachments
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpf4HWGa.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpOdpOeT.jpg
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
Peacefulward

Re: Nessie got a brother!!

Postby Peacefulward » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:16 pm

What a cute little guy! So far, have you noticed any differences between a rehome and a baby purchased directly from a breeder?
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:28 pm

So far, the only major thing I've noticed is he isn't as clingy to us as Ness is, but he's more outgoing and friendly towards strangers than Ness. He's also 5mo younger so I'm sure that plays a part. He's a bit better with a harness too so we're trying to keep up all the work she put into him with that. Other than those differences he's really been a dream adjusting lol. He came from the same breeder as Ness so was essentially started out great just like her, and he had a great home, they just didn't have a choice in keeping him sadly. And in time I hope he'll come to "need" us like Ness does, but either way we are head over heels and couldn't be happier. I was worried about how it'd work out considering Ness doesn't like other people and assumed he could be like that as well, but he immediately trusted us and slept with us the very first night home
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:50 pm

That's great he's settling in so well.
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:14 pm

He's so super amazing, every one of my rescue/ rehome babies have been the biggest blessings... I'm always so nervous bringing one home that has bonded with someone else or been through allot, but they always surprise me. I am head over heels with all 6 of my babies, foxes and raccoons, and I'm so thankful I get the chance to love them
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Aww. They are so cute. Congratulations!
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm

We're dealing with a similar situation right now, a 9 month old rehome. Such resilience they have. ♡
Ness is gorgeous! Love those ears!!
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 am

Time to change your signature (or whatever the text on the bottom of everyone's post is) then.
Bora Kalem
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Congratulations on the new baby. Your house is quickly becoming a zoo!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Yes it is ash, but we're loving every second. The raccoons have found a way to wiggle into my hubbys heart and I'm so glad for that... hubby doesn't mess with my foxes ate all really unless I need help so it is awesome to finally have what I'd consider as a family pet, and the fact that my house is safe and the raccoons are litter trained makes them our ideal house pets lol.i know they aren't a pet that's easy at all, but considering our pets and ability they work out perfect for us lol, I love how sweet and needy they are too compared to the foxes. Don't get me wrong, my foxes are my babies❤
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Congrats, Linseylou! I'm already in love with him (as you know!!).

Ana, we need some new pics of Teddy!!
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Now you're going to have to change your instagram name too. ;)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 am

She already did
Bora Kalem

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”