please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Sometimes I just don't get it

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Trefoil

Sometimes I just don't get it

Postby Trefoil » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Chloe doesn't like raw poultry. She Knows she doesn't like raw poultry, if I offer it to her she gets an insulted look and walks away. So.....why does she always steal it off the stove when I'm cooking it for her & Scooter? I find one peice on the stove and the other on the floor where Scooter has taken a bite out of it before realizing its raw. Every time.
linseylou

Re: Sometimes I just don't get it

Postby linseylou » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 pm

My raccoons will do the same thing... they'll run up and steal something they don't even want, just to be silly monsters
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Because they can. Because they are turds. And because they know doing something like that will irritate the hoomans.
LOL
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:38 am

Trefoil wrote:Chloe doesn't like raw poultry. She Knows she doesn't like raw poultry, if I offer it to her she gets an insulted look and walks away. So.....why does she always steal it off the stove when I'm cooking it for her & Scooter? I find one peice on the stove and the other on the floor where Scooter has taken a bite out of it before realizing its raw. Every time.

mine don't like raw either. in fact, my foxes prefer their chicken cooked. maybe cause our little darlings are use to getting their food cooked :shrug:

the food on your stove or anywhere but their food dish always tastes better :lol:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ana

Postby Ana » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Told Senora about Chloe's silliness. She says 'Stolen flavor is best flavor'. :lol:
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Ana wrote:Told Senora about Chloe's silliness. She says 'Stolen flavor is best flavor'. :lol:
:lol: .

you kids are allowed to do whatever they want, just so they are happy. icon-smile

I agree, stolen food taste so much better.

Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Okay that I can understand. Its just that Chloe usually steals food she likes. She has all my secret stashes firmly mapped.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Trefoil wrote:Okay that I can understand. Its just that Chloe usually steals food she likes. She has all my secret stashes firmly mapped.

can you seperate your kids when you feed them? my raccoons are eating less. which is a good thing.

Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

I could and probably should, but except for treats, they eat what and whenever they want. Their chicken and any other spoilables I take up and give to the chickens,goats,turkey (i.e.someone else) after a couple of hours, but they have access to taste of the wild all the time.
jody

Postby jody » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:23 pm

:lol: Your post made me LOL! So true
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 am

hand feed the treats.