PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Still Chloe

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Trefoil

Still Chloe

Postby Trefoil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:35 pm

After a week or so of being antisocial Chloe is once again my loving coon. What scares the H out of me is that she seems to no longer be able to climb my closet door to get on the shelf. She's not that old. I don't know what Scooter or I would do without her.Its the first and only sign of possible aging she's showing, but still. I always figured I would die before she did and thus give me my payback for all the sh** my daughter put me through. Oh well
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Still Chloe

Postby pat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Trefoil wrote:After a week or so of being antisocial Chloe is once again my loving coon. What scares the H out of me is that she seems to no longer be able to climb my closet door to get on the shelf. She's not that old. I don't know what Scooter or I would do without her.Its the first and only sign of possible aging she's showing, but still. I always figured I would die before she did and thus give me my payback for all the sh** my daughter put me through. Oh well

how old is chloe now? I lost track of time when you got her. I was at mt hope when you got her.
she may have arthritis :shrug:

guess we can't really predict how long our raccoons will live. my Larry died of liver cancer at 10 :cry:
billy bob (my blond raccoon) died when he was about 10. he had bone cancer.

maybe it is in the genes :shrug:

if chloe has arthritis, you can get pills from the vet for that. (can't remember the name of it right now)
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:48 pm

She doesn't seem to hurt. I think she'll be 9 this year.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:59 am

Trefoil wrote:She doesn't seem to hurt. I think she'll be 9 this year.

some animals might not act as though are in pain. I think by nature, (mostly in the wild) not sure of captive.
in the wild some animals will try not show pain, mostly due to being prey. however, captive born animals, I am not really sure if this stands true.

Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 pm

I think it does. But I was basing on not finding any "sore" spots, which wouldn't expose a lot of injuries/disease and her attitude which also doesn't necessarily show lack of pain. I think with the warmer weather coming she's also hunting for new sleeping places, she would like my bed if only she could oust me & Lily. I'm just glad she doesn't want to sleep on my head like Binx used to. It gets really hot really fast.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:24 am

Trefoil wrote:I think it does. But I was basing on not finding any "sore" spots, which wouldn't expose a lot of injuries/disease and her attitude which also doesn't necessarily show lack of pain. I think with the warmer weather coming she's also hunting for new sleeping places, she would like my bed if only she could oust me & Lily. I'm just glad she doesn't want to sleep on my head like Binx used to. It gets really hot really fast.

you are correct about captive raccoons showing pain. however, depends on the type of illness if any.
as I mentioned, when my blonde raccoon had bone cancer, he didn't act as though he was in pain, but, I knew there was something wrong by his actions and the fact, he wanted to stay in a dog carrior all the time.

now with Larry, (my first racoon) he did not show signs of being sick. however his penis was hanging out too much. when i took him to the vet,
he found he had liver cancer. I give the vet credit, he felt the lump. took xrays to verify.
the vet prescribed some meds (can't remember what they were right now) but, that helped him till the end. he lived longer with the meds.
the hard part for me was taking him to the vets to have put down, I didn't want him to be in pain. he got worse toward the end.
the vet said, he would have died on his own in a few days or more.

I hope with chloe it is just a season change. please keep me updated on choloe.

Postby 5502 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:02 pm

MY HUSBAND ACTUALLY BUILT A LADDER FOR OUR GIRL TO CLIMB UP TO GET IN HER CLOSET. SHE GOES UP AND DOWN IT ALL THE TIME. WE HAVE IT SECURED WITH A PIECE OF FURNITURE, WORKS WELL FOR US. IN FACT, WE HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT LENGTH LADDERS WE USE.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:05 pm

I've thought of that. Is it ramp style or rungs?

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”