ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Where can I get a male raccoon fixed.

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Joeis Mom

Where can I get a male raccoon fixed.

Postby Joeis Mom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:48 pm

I have a male raccoon that I've had for 3 months now. He was 2 days and almost dead when my sister found him. He is almost completely housebroken. His best friend is my mini poodle, but he also loves my 2 bigger dogs and 2 cats. Hes really cool, fun to play with and tame. He gives me hugs and kisses when I ask for them. I'd like him to stay this way as much as possible, and was told i will need to have him neutered or he WILL get aggressive.
Does anyone know of anywhere in the Chicagoland area that will do that?
He is the third raccoon I've had to save in my life. I'm not licensed, I just love animals. My middle daughter and I raised the last 2, and this guy fell into my life shortly after the death of my middle daughter. My husband as I have always treated him as a gift from her. I dont want him to run off and get killed, or get aggressive and need to be sent away.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Andrea
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where can I get a male raccoon fixed.

Postby Ash » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello, and welcome to the board.

It will be difficult finding a vet to treat your raccoon since he is originally from the wild, so is illegal to own. That being said, the first thing you should do is get a furbearing license for him from the state DNR. It's only around $30, and you renew it annually. That way you'll at least be able to have the permit for a raccoon, and it is likely no one will question his whereabouts (if they do that could be a problem, but having a permit upfront should deter the question).

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I understand that an animal can help fill a void, and so you have a special bond with your raccoon baby.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Joeis Mom

welcome to sybils message board. We are here to help and learn.

Raccoons are so darn cute and lovable (if raised properly), sounds like you are doing a good job with him.

the neuter for your raccoon is going to be hard to find a vet that will do that. icon-sad I agree with Ash, it will be difficult.
don't give up. keep looking for someone that will neuter him.

I personally never raised a intact raccoon. all mine have been fixed. I am not sure how aggressive your raccoon will get at breeding season,
which can start December thru March. also, a breeding season in June. However in June, there is not usually as much aggressive raccoons at this time. There is a chance, your raccoon won't show a lot or any aggression if he is not fixed.

Do you have a zoo around your area? Maybe they will tell you what vet they use. However, without a permit. I don't know who or if any vet will neuter
him icon-sad

I will move your post to the raccoon forum. you posted under the wrong subject. will wait till you reply before I move it to make sure you can find your post..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Joeis Mom

Postby Joeis Mom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Go ahead and move it, and send me the link. Maybe I'll get more help if it's in the right place. Ooops

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”