ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

What to eat

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Tammynblake

What to eat

Postby Tammynblake » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Tammy. My coonie is Reece. She was rescued from inside an apartment wall. Reece is now about 2 months old. She is still taking formula but I've noticed the last few days she wants it less. What are some good ideas of foods to put out for her? I know fruits and veggies but what specifically does your coonie love?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What to eat

Postby pat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

by nature raccoons will eat almost anything.
some foods I feed mine, but, change it once in a while.

taste of the wild dog food (can be other brands, but, get a good brand) (they don't need much of it)

raw eggs (1 for each of them)

cereal (people cereal)

fruits ( a good one to start out with) grapes, watermellon, you can try other fruits but what I mentioned is their preference.
( oldest one loves prunes)

peanuts is another mine like.
M&M peanut candy (just a few) not everyday.

can't think of other ideas, if I do I will post. the other members will share their raccoons diets.

cut most of the food small enough that they can pick it up with their hand.

please keep us updated on your progress.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Mine loved sugar snap peas, grapes, nuts of all kinds, avocado, eggs, kibble, etc
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm

linseylou wrote:Mine loved sugar snap peas, grapes, nuts of all kinds, avocado, eggs, kibble, etc

I never thought of snap peas. I personallly like them. (I am not big on veggies)

do you put anything over the snap peas? do you cut them at all?
I will give a few to my raccoons and see if they eat them.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Nope, they just loved snap peas plain, and with how picky they were I was grateful to find a veggie they would happily eat lol. They did rip them up and only usually ate the pea inside, but they loved them
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
SneakyT

Postby SneakyT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:56 am

My sneaky raccoon likes my dog's food :)
I tried not to allow him taking it but it's useless. He also likes peanuts, candies, berries. But the best thing for him is cookies with peanuts.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”