PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Picking different sleeping spots

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Yatzee

Picking different sleeping spots

Postby Yatzee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:09 am

There's a carpet hammock in his cage that he's been sleeping in for months. Now, just recently, he wants to sleep on his cage, in a drawer, on top of a different cage and even under the bed.
I can't get him to get back in his hammock and because of this, he's not getting the full sleep he was getting. His sleep schedule is so messed up now because of this small change.
He's almost 8 months old. No food changes and no additions to the family.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picking different sleeping spots

Postby pat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 am

some raccoons will sleep in different areas. mine to that too. when it is cold, they all 3 sleep together. when warmer, some will sleep outside, some inside. some in dfferent spots inside.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Mine have 3 or 4 different places they like to sleep. Chloe prefers high places and Scooter sleeps under (or in my box springs) my bed a lot. I've noticed as they age, my babies get more & more nocturnal. As it gets colder outside mine are less active even though they aren't exposed to the cold, light maybe?
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Trefoil, did you ever get that mattress cover made to keep the kids from destroying your mattresses? Was wondering how that worked out for you. Now that winter is coming, I need to order some of that material and make hammocks for my kids.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:47 pm

I've got the material but haven't found someone to make it yet( I don't sew).
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Trefoil wrote:I've got the material but haven't found someone to make it yet( I don't sew).

Well, THAT stinks! LOL

So do you like the material? Do you think it'll hold up to coonie claws?? If so, do you happen to remember exactly which material you ordered? They have different weighs, strengths, and I'm not sure what to buy. I guess I could call them (like you did) if you can't remember...
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:11 pm

I bought Gutermann MARA 70 thread Olive Drab 1
$3.60
2.2 oz HEX70 XL ripstop nylon, Olive Green
2.2 oz HEX70 XL ripstop nylon Olive Green / Breathable w/ DWR
I think it will hold up.
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Thanks so much for the info, Trefoil!!
Dana

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”