PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

UVB bulb

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Yatzee

UVB bulb

Postby Yatzee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Since Yatzee is an indoor coonie and every thing outside scares him, should I get a UVB light for him? I have lizards so, I have plenty of those bulbs.

I have a separate issue also. He's been dribbling pee and laying on my clothes and peeing. Last night, he laid on the wheels of my office chair and peed on them. I was reading the search for peeing on this forum. Someone was feeding their coonie cat food. He was told cat food was high in protein. Well, I feed 4HEALTH grainfree whitefish. Would that be considered to high in protein? If so, would feeding a senior dog food be better for the low protein?
I took Yatzee to North Carolina(we live in Florida) for 2 weeks. By the begining of the second week, he started dribbling pee while walking up there. Every day. There were rats in the cabin. When we got back home. He stopped. He is neutered. I do have cats, a prairie dog and a squirrel. Maybe he's marking his territory?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UVB bulb

Postby pat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:49 am

I am not quite sure why your raccoon is peeing. however, the travel might have stressed him.

to be honest, I am now paranoid with the grain free dog good. there is info about it on this board, also seen it on the news.
sad, we can't trust dog food companies.

the last I heard, "Merrick dog food is top of the line" your raccoon could have a bladder infection. hard to say.
I feed mine, cooked chicken, very little kibbles (Purina I use now)
rice with the chicken (not a lot) some mini marshmallows, an egg . a couple marrow bones.

no, you don't need UVC light indoors for him. mine has the option of going out in the enclosure when they want to. even when it is cold, they will go out for a while.

I am not up on health stuff, only what I experienced or read. how many litter pans do you have for him?
wherever he pees, keep putting a litter box at that spot.

maybe a vet visit?

please keep us updated. the other members could also give you ideas.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Yatzee

Postby Yatzee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 pm

This thread ended up posting twice.

I ended up keeping all the animals out of the bedroom area, except the squirrel, she gets to go anywhere she wants. I vacuumed and sprayed lysol on every thing. He seems to have stopped the peeing, for now.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:50 pm

I researched the light issue when working on getting a fennec. Instead of a light I just give him fish high in vitamin D, like dehydrated salmon bites and fish skin chews.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”