Dog Food Recalls: viewforum.php?f=67

Raccoon Breeders

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Kinolie

Raccoon Breeders

Postby Kinolie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello,
I'm curious to know if anyone knows of any raccoon breeders in PA that will have Blonde raccoons for sale this Spring? We are looking at getting a second raccoon and we are gravitating towards blonde, but are having difficulty finding them available in PA.

Also, we would like a female, but it seems like most of what we read says that males are more even tempered and do well living in close proximity with other males. Does anyone have any insight on this? Or more so any insight on females?;she will be fixed of course. We currently have a nearly one year old male (Rue) who is neutered.

Thanks!
DeweysMom

Re: Raccoon Breeders

Postby DeweysMom » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm

If you've already got a male raccoon, it may be best that if you add another that it's a male. In the wild, the only time males and females mingle - other than as littermates - is during mating season. The rest of the time, females can be extremely aggressive to males. Heck, even during mating, females can be pretty aggressive. Even if both are neutered, there's still a really strong chance that they won't be best friends.

However, having said that, I know of several people who do have both genders and they get along fine. But those that do have both genders, typically it's a brother/sister sibling pair who were bonded and raised together.

As far as color, pretty sure you'll have a tough time finding a blonde - or any other atypical color - from a PA breeder. From what I've seen, the one (or possibly two??) breeders in PA only have the usual colored ones.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:19 am

I agree with deweys mom. it is hard to find a raccoon in PA. what part of PA do you live? western? eastern? or where?
(if you want to PM me and tell me your location, that is fine.)

I only know of one PA raccoon breeder. he is from eastern PA. however, I do not recommend this breeder.
I have a propagation permit. I can get a raccoon from any state and resell it.
what type of paper work do you have for the raccoon you have now? bill of sale? or other?

the raccoons I have are two males and one albino female. the female is OK, but, not as friendly as the males are.

I might be able to find you a raccoon. but, cannot promise it will be a blonde one.

I use to have a blonde raccoon, but sadly he died at 10 years old from bone cancer icon-sad
I did not know the history of my blonde raccoon. I bought him at an auction. when I went to get him from his cage, it was horrible.
the cage was very dirty, no water, no food :twisted:

Tiny Tracks sells raccoons. he is from Indiana.I think his raccoons cost around $500.00.
I will check and see what he has.

Is your raccoon fixed? I highly recommend getting a raccoon fixed.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 pm

pat wrote:I only know of one PA raccoon breeder. he is from eastern PA. however, I do not recommend this breeder.

I think I know who you're talking about. He's actually from my hometown and used to have foxes and Canadian lynx too. Had a lot of bad press in the past if I remember correctly.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the American shorthair
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Juska wrote:
pat wrote:I only know of one PA raccoon breeder. he is from eastern PA. however, I do not recommend this breeder.

I think I know who you're talking about. He's actually from my hometown and used to have foxes and Canadian lynx too. Had a lot of bad press in the past if I remember correctly.

most likely, it is the same breeder. as far as I know, he is the only breeder in PA.

I honestly thought of breeding raccoons, but, don't know I would have time for it and a place to keep a breeding pair.
heck, I have to female cats. before I got them fixed they both had kittens. geez, I had a hard time re-homing them, I wanted to make sure they go to a good home. I even visited one place to make sure the kitten had a good home :roll:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”