ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

What is it with coons and toliet paper?

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Trefoil

What is it with coons and toliet paper?

Postby Trefoil » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:20 pm

If I knew what the attraction was maybe I could alleviate it and actually have full sheets for use. She'll leave it alone for weeks (lulling me into a false sense of security) and then rip it up again. She usually prefers new rolls.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What is it with coons and toliet paper?

Postby pat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:04 am

the only thing I can think of is, when they are done playing in the toliet, they need something to wipe with :monk-dev: :monk-dev:

seriously, mine didn't bother the toliet paper, only throw things in the toiliet, and play in it.. I keep the bathroom door closed.
but, there were times, I didn't have the door closed tight, larry would get in, and just play in the water for a few minutes, then go take his nap in the cupboard :roll:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

LOL - Chloe likes to play in water and then come to bed with

Postby Trefoil » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:27 am

I keep the toliet seat down. But I keep water in pails in the bath tub for her to play in. She uses one to urinate in and I sincerely hope plays in the others. A surefire way to distract her is to put ice cubes in her play pail, but again I end up with a wet bed. She's also very fond of anything ( shampoo, perfume,ect.) that smells good, which is kind of nice, she usually smells good.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 am

don't chloe pee in her litter box? maybe females are different?
I have litter boxes in thier room and pen.

at least chloie don't lift the toliet lid up. larry does.but, larry is so much better now. he has really calmed down alot. he is just such a good little guy.
he don't even drop things in the toliet anymore :lol:

larry use to take a shower with me when he was younger.
he really liked it, but, he was done before me, so, he would climb out of the shower, and go to the toliet :roll:

thought I would tell you, I found another idea for larry and ice cubes.
I put ice cubes only in flat alumin pans, about 1/4 full.
then I put werthers hard candy, small milk bones in the pan of ice cubes.
he goes nuts over that. he digs through the ice cubes to get the candy and milk bones, then chews the ice cubes.

I am wondering if you just gave cloie plain ice cubes without the water, if this would keep your bed a little dryer icon_biggin.gif
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
♥animals

Postby ♥animals » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:10 pm

OMG, so funny I cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 am

Chloe comes running anytime she hears me run bath or shower. Her latest trick is to come running and jump up into my arms from the floor, she's sure i'll catch her and she's right because if I don't she hangs on to me and her claws hurt. She's the first coon I've had that pees in water, I don't know why, she just has always done it. Now that its winter I bring the guineas' water fount in to melt,the first time I set it in the bathtub for obvious reasons, It was really funny to see Chloe trying to lug the block of ice around, I now make sure its melted. Animal - did you have to have an outside cage for your furbearing license? Chloe doesn't get outside unless she's going for a ride in the car, she ha the run of the house (except for the computer room, skunk lives there) and I have finally gotten a double hung window installed so when I get a pen built I'll be able to let her go out when she wants. If you don't already have them, you really want to have locks on your kitchen & bathroom cupboards and closets. Coons can open doors, and when they get into cupboards they are likely to throw anything they don't want in there out, very hard on crystal. She really likes garlic & cheese croutons, I have to look them up, otherwise she takes the whole box. She doesn't share well. I'm going to try the hard candy and ice, she'll love it.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:27 am

The Illinois fur-bearing breeder's permit does not require anything other than an annual fee between $25-$30. It covers foxes, raccoons, squirrels, and I believe mink and maybe coyotes. I have one for my fox since I'll be in Illinois visiting family whenever I'm not out in Utah.

Nope. No caging requirements! It's very nice that it's so simple! :mrgreen:

(and sorry, I know the question wasn't specified at me, but I figured I'd give my input)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Trefoil

That's fine, I was just wondering

Postby Trefoil » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 am

about the cage and that was the only reason I could think of for having one.
♥animals

Postby ♥animals » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 pm

LOL Ash, Thanks for answering the ? ; ) You did better than I would have in detail.

My baby will have a nice cage inside (looking up Ferret Nation DBL cage as I type) just for sleeping & when I am busy. I want her to sleep w/ me but not sure what she will do in the middle of the night & don't want the hubby mad & make her outside all the time. I am so excited about her outside condooooo LOL As it's part of a dbl tree trunk under my son's 11-13 ft tall tree house! It is going to be like 4 ft in width & length as well while 11-13 ft tall! Going to have levels made for her, box, ramps, etc.! Swing...

Childproof locks on all cabinets seem to be a must for her safety & our sanity.......
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Your better bet would be to give the coon its own room and lock her out of your bedroom when you sleep. Coons aren't a good candidate to be caged, they won't be a pet, they will be a caged wild coon. They don't just get mad, they get even. When you first get it it will be on the bottle, the more time you keep her with you, the better coon she'll be, familiarize her with your dogs and cats as soon as possible. The dogs will make playmates for her and if the cats teach her who's boss early, you won't have trouble later on. I don't mean to give you unsolicited advice, I just don't want you to have problems like Elena with Stanley and just about every summer we get Help posts from people who have unsocialized "pet" coons. There aren't many people like Elena that will take an unsocialized coon and try to tame it. Its hard and no assurance of success. Others have had success, but I personally wouldn't have a coon if I had small children, its asking for trouble. A coon has about the same lifespan as a dog,in my experience the older they get, the better they get, my female is spayed to avoid the "killer coon" attitude every year. Good luck and enjoy your baby when you get it.
♥animals

Postby ♥animals » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks Trefoil-

She will be out in the house like my cat & dog except sleeping...basically. Both of us are home 24/7 with our schedules being different. ; ) Hubby will have her out too. Basically she will be outside just for her happiness sunshine & in cage from about 9pm-12 am & 3 am-7 am.... that is it.

I am going to have her on me like a baby papoose.... as long as I can..... ; )
♥animals

Postby ♥animals » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 pm

I can give her her own room - in my office..... but don't trust it, she may call Brazil ...... LOL
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 am

My mistake was in not fostering a friendship between my dogs and Chloe. I didn't realize I needed to because my other coons had always been buddies with the dogs. It gives them someone (other than you) to play with and be around
♥animals

Postby ♥animals » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 am

Oh she will have a Yorkie n a Bengal to play with......
Animals

Rottie RIP, Yorkie, Bengal, & Turtle + kid's chin, pupper dog mutt & 2 pitbulls staying right now..... ; )

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”