ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Hey all! Just a raccoon update!

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

mobayrasta

Hey all! Just a raccoon update!

Postby mobayrasta » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm

It has been so long since I have made a post on Sybils but I still like to pop on and read every bodies post as much as possible. It is so funny to read about all of the growing pains with a growing raccoon. Mash-Up is four years old now and a beautiful but fat Chocolate Raccoon. I remember all my post about Mash-Up being so hyper and biting too hard. He is one chill critter now. He absolutely loves to be petted and rubbed. When he was 6 months old I never thought I would be typing that.

The first year of owning a raccoon is harder then the first year of a child. I remember thinking multiple times at 4am when he showed no signs of relenting "what did I get myself into......" I also remember food aggression, counter raids, cabinet raids, fridge raids, hard nips, this is mine itis and you can't have it back, begging for litter box help, he's not eating, he's eating too much, he won't eat what I want, he's stubborn, he's greedy,he's lost his flippin mind, he acts like a fool when we have company, he broke this, he broke that, won't leave my sodas alone,driving me nuts, turned the bath tub on, ripped a screen 7 feet from the ground and got on the roof, and every other trouble and problem a raccoon can give you. He still likes to cause a little trouble but I can not believe this is the same beast.

To all of you first time owners with young coons it does get better. Mash-Up really has turned into a great animal. I loved him faults and all and we had some great times when he was a little monster. Now he is the laziest ,cuddliest, coolest critter ever. Everybody that knows him thinks they want a raccoon. I make sure to tell them the hell he put me through and convince most that it is not for them. Most people on the board that have a coon will tell you the same thing. Difference between us and them is most of us wanted raccoon's and other critters forever and a day and put in the research and time to make sure it was the right fit and we could handle it.

So keep up the hard work all. It is totally worth it. I will post new pics of Mash-Up so everybody can see his beautiful brown chocolatiness.........
the_unstable

Re: Hey all! Just a raccoon update!

Postby the_unstable » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:49 pm

I look back on my own posts from just a few months ago and I am so amazed how much Alex has changed. He's about 6-7 months now and he's changed a great deal, calmed down a lot. He hasn't shown any food aggression in ages now. I can pet him, rub his cheeks, but my hand in his bowl (at least if it's dog food) with no reaction. There are still, of course, issues with counter and cabinet raids. Quite a lot of damaged stuff. I've got about (as my father claims) over $3,000 of stuff to replace.

I can't wait to see the pictures :) And thanks for the reminder that things get easier! Sometimes I need that.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 am

mobayrasta

I was wondering what happened to you. I was really glad to see you post again.

so glad to hear mash-up changed, he really was not as bad as other coons I have heard of.

your little boy grew up and is now a fine young man.

I am anxious to see update pictures for mash-up and hear more about him.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 am

the_unstable,

glad to hear alex is better.
thats really good that he calmed down this soon.

sounds like your work and EXPENSE, paid off.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Pat,

I remember when you said that Alex could make a big turn around and I didn't believe it could happen, but alas, it has! He's a good little (or not so little) 'coon now! Sometimes he even lets me kiss his nose. He's not cuddly by any means but I'm not really cuddly myself so it works out.
BB

Postby BB » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Mobayrasta, welcome again! This really is a great post!
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Mobayrasta its good to hear from you & about Mash-up. Pictures would be great.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”