ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Beautiful Fur Animals - and their Colour Genetics

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

hyperwires

Beautiful Fur Animals - and their Colour Genetics

Postby hyperwires » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm

I am looking for the book "Beautiful Fur Animals - and their Colour Genetics" in English.

If you have the book, but are not willing to sell, could you help me out?

I am writing a thesis, "Faux Foxes: Fox Domestication and Pet Ownership" that will be published next month. I would like to use this book's official descriptions for the colors red, silver, platinum, and Georgian white, but can't get ahold of it. Would anyone be willing to scan/type the official descriptions from this book for me?

I'm looking for something like: “Platinum coat is light silver in color, with solid white coloration on the ventral part of the body and legs as well as white marks on the face, neck, and tail. They eyes are usually brown, but blue or partially blue eyes are also observed.”
Alynn

Re: Beautiful Fur Animals - and their Colour Genetics

Postby Alynn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:52 pm

The book is very hard to find. I can't help you there. I have the book but I can't say I'd be willing to scan it.

But, this guy made a illustrated chart of all the colors he could find, and has scans of the books in the description linked to the color's name.
http://stanhoneythief.deviantart.com/ar ... -345664572
hyperwires

Re: Beautiful Fur Animals - and their Colour Genetics

Postby hyperwires » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:11 pm

I know that it's a really rare book. You were lucky to snatch one! I've contacted Dave and he doesn't have any more and has lost his connection with the publisher.

I know that scanning the book is controversial. I'm not pressuring any one to do so, I'm just looking for the written-out descriptions of the four colors I listed. I'd just like a sentence or two for each one talking about what makes a red a red, a platinum a platinum, etc. I simply put "scan" in case someone didn't want to type it all out. Would you be willing to type them out for me?

They'd be used in my publication, fully referencing and citing the book. The description I included for the platinum in my first post, I found in another reference that cited getting that description from this book, but I want to go back to the primary source. That description is perfect; I just need to confirm that's what the book says about platinums and find the descriptions for red, silver, and Georgian white!

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”