PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Breeding season?

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Whisper

Breeding season?

Postby Whisper » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:09 am

So, zorr has been screaming at night, but he stops if I give him food.... But that isn't much of a problem. He is stinking really bad, like most foxes I'm sure :roll:, but if you have any ideas for keeping the smell down, that would be great, thanks! (Clothes too)
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Breeding season?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Well you can wash fabrics with vinegar as that helps with the odor. I'm not sure there's much you can do with the fox it's self. Fennec owners swear feeding them cherries helps cut down on the smell with them(though there's not much to start with) but I assume it doesn't work for red fox or everyone would be doing it by now.

I once tried those anti-odor enzymes you feed ferrets for Pua, I swear it made her smell worse, lol.

As far as clothes since my stinky anteaters took over my closet I have recently bought garment bags so I could still use it. The bags I got go over the hanging rod them I can hang a bunch of clothes inside and seal up with a zipper. Sometimes I go a step further and put some essential oil on a bit of towel in the bottom of the bag.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Males start experiencing swelling of the testicles and increased testosterone production between November and January. They'll be calling and being more pushy during this time.
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:36 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:I once tried those anti-odor enzymes you feed ferrets for Pua, I swear it made her smell worse, lol.

Of course it did :roll: thanks for the advice, I didn't think of vinegar, but I am sure it would help, as it seems to get out almost everything! (Have you ever tried getting bunny pee off plastic?)
I think I can deal with a cranky fox for a few months. If I ever get a female, will it make him mark/stink more or less?
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”