PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

How to become a breeder in Kentucky?

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

I want a Fox

How to become a breeder in Kentucky?

Postby I want a Fox » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:35 am

If I had the knowledge and ability to breed Foxes in KY how would i start that given the laws? would i have to catch wild ones and breed them or?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cheapest fox breeders near kentucky

Postby pat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

I want a Fox wrote:If I had the knowledge and ability to breed Foxes in KY how would i start that given the laws? would i have to catch wild ones and breed them or?

welcome to sybils message board.

first of all, in most states, foxes from the wild is illegal. a guarantee, it will be confiscated and killed.
no vet will treat an animal without a permit or from the wild.

if you want to breed, I suggest for you to understand the proper care of a fox first. most people don't or shouldn't just jump into breeding without experience.

from what I read from this post, you can only get a fox within KY, or possibly get yet another permit for buying one out of state. also, many laws are changing for the worse, so you might want to contact your state for any revisions.

also, keep in mind, the state is not the only one the regulates them, you have to clear it with your local area also.

there is a a lot of good and honest information here. also some care sheets.
please read through some of it, a fox is not as easy to care like a dog or cat.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cheapest fox breeders near kentucky

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:09 pm

You need USDA licensed to breed. Even if you don't import your fox you need a permit to keep one and doubt they will give one for wild foxes bt I haven't asked so don't know. Also not sure if USDA would give a license for wild sourced animals. While Pua was imported from the wild the importer was USDA source for me and to get licensed he checked that my animals came from USDA sources. But you can ask USDA about that. Also wild animals probably wont breed for you. When they first started fur farming they needed huge enclosures as the wild foxes stressed super bad and wouldn't breed.

But you can ask about getting the trapping license and permit to keep a fox just in case I'm wrong. Here's details from someone who got a permit for possum but they are not on the do not import list like foxes are.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12103&view=unread#unread
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: How to become a breeder in Kentucky?

Postby sarajeku » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 pm

I'd love for someone to breed foxes in KY. Unfortunately, the problem is getting your foundation foxes into the state in the first place. There are several threads on the board where a few of us have looked for legal "loopholes" and none have been found. It is illegal to import a fox into KY, and even to travel through the state with one, you have to apply for a temporary transport permit. :icon-frown:

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”