https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Help with new kits

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Brittyboo

Re: Help with new kits

Postby Brittyboo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm glad you think so bc that's what I was thinking of doing. I'm going to bring them in, the last thing I want to do is be in there too much and have her get stressed. She has been great so far but I don't want to push it. I can better monitor the two small ones inside to ensure they are eating and I'd rather do it sooner than later. I made the mistake of waiting too long yesterday (although he prob wouldn't have made it anyways) . I bought some unflavored Pedialyte also so I'll get some of that in them.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm

How are the babies doing? :)
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 4:09 pm

They are dong great! Just starting to wean. I can't remember how I did this last time but I just uploaded some new pictures to the imagur
http://i.imgur.com/cAREV8e.jpg
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 13, 2016 4:14 pm

They're precious... Those are the smaller ones you pulled, right? How are the other three doing with mom?
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 13, 2016 4:21 pm

They look great!
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Actually I had a change of plans. Mom wasn't producing enough milk for all of them and naturally the 3 biggest ones were taking it all. I could not get the 2 small ones to suckle on a bottle so to make things easier I pulled the 3 big ones and supplement fed them, when they hit 10 days old (April 23) I pulled them completely and left the 2 small ones with mom for awhile longer. They are all inside now. The 2 'marbles' are the 2 small ones.

This is one of the bigger ones (pic from a week or so ago)
http://i.imgur.com/HiEySDm.jpg

And these are the other 2 big ones (pic from a week or so ago)
http://i.imgur.com/PcSAw6p.jpg

And this pic is from about a week ago
http://i.imgur.com/yXxbOVe.jpg

Not sure if you were able to see all the pictures I posted on my account or not.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Fri May 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Cute little things. Glad they're doing well.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Ooh... You've got a homozygous one. Doesn't happen to be male, would it??

They are all so amazing! You did a wonderful job raising them. Congratulations. ;)
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Hm your speaking foreign to me ash haha. A homowhat? I'm not very hip to all the color names, I know the basics.

And thank you! I've put alot of time, dedication, and LOVE into them.
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 pm

The gene pool thing is not my Forte, so I get a tad lost there. I'm assuming that you are talking about little 'smokey'. The darker babe. HE is who we are keeping:) the little one that ended up passing a day after birth was also was like him. It was kinda ironic- Arabella gave birth to two all white ones with a black spot on their tails, 2 that were white with the black mask and stripe down the back, and 2 that were the dark. The one we are keeping is the only male.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 13, 2016 10:22 pm

homozygous(double) marble(the white masked ones), makes them turn out white.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat May 14, 2016 12:45 am

Sorry, my bad. As TG said, a pure white one.

That's too bad it's a girl, lol. Not that I'm actively looking (I'm not planning on getting anything for a while now), but a white marble male is what I'm interested in. Almost bought one from someone rehoming in my area last year or so. But, it's for the best. :) I have lots on my plate right now.

Congrats on keeping him!
mrscline8821

Postby mrscline8821 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:07 pm

OMG You're so close to me! I live in Canton. One day my fiance and I want a fox:)
But right now i have 3 dogs, 2 cats, some breeding mice, a gecko and a bullfrog....and just 2 nights ago, 2 baby Raccoons!!
GODDESS

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”