PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Champagne Foxes

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Champagne Foxes

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:51 pm

I got the new fur book, and it has a section on champagnes. Champagne is actually "palomino." Palomino foxes are triple recessive! They carry the genes colicott, burgundy, and pearl. This results in a light, beige-colored fox with exceptionally light brown coloration. In addition, the fox has blue eyes. These blue eyes stem from the colicott gene.

Finally learned about it! It's been bugging me for years not knowing the genetics behind this color.

I'm going out on a limb here with "lavender." Lavender must be a combination of burgundy and colicott. I do not know this for certain, but this is me hazarding a guess since it's the pearl gene that further dilutes all the browns, producing a white champagne fox.

Finally!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
w0lfygirl

Re: Champagne Foxes

Postby w0lfygirl » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Congratulations on finding out! You definitely love your morph genes. :lol:
That's certainly interesting that it's tripled..
The smallest things in life can make the biggest changes, even when we don't realize it.

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”