PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Litter training and info

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ILiveOffKnowledge

Litter training and info

Postby ILiveOffKnowledge » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:15 pm

I don't have my fox yet but I will in the future, as in a few years or so. I have done most of my research but haven't found a good source of inforation on litter training.
Could someone with experience tell me any litter training tips yu know and how often I change the box, and if I change all of it or onlysift it?. Should I use sand or real store bought litter?
The one thing I do k ow is that they're smelly and that they don't burry thier droppings.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the typing errors.

Thanks
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Litter training and info

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 pm

What species are you hoping to get? Red foxes are what I'm used to. They litter train pretty good usually aside from marking. They'll always mark and submissive pee even when litter trained.

I sift the box daily and change litter out at the very least once a week.

Keep in mind, foxes except for the smaller species, are not indoor pets. Most red foxes become neurotic and stir-crazy indoors, so it's a bad idea for their sake (and yours, but I'm concerned about the animal, haha).

If it's reds you're interested in, I can give you more info on the specifics. :)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
ILiveOffKnowledge

Re: Litter training and info

Postby ILiveOffKnowledge » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Ash wrote:What species are you hoping to get? Red foxes are what I'm used to. They litter train pretty good usually aside from marking. They'll always mark and submissive pee even when litter trained.

I sift the box daily and change litter out at the very least once a week.

Keep in mind, foxes except for the smaller species, are not indoor pets. Most red foxes become neurotic and stir-crazy indoors, so it's a bad idea for their sake (and yours, but I'm concerned about the animal, haha).

If it's reds you're interested in, I can give you more info on the specifics. :)

Thanks for the info. I plan to have an enclosure and give it access to one room of the home

Red or gray btw. I havent decided. I've done research on both extensively and will probably die b4 I k ow which to get
(I am new to this site so I might have messed up the reply)

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”